Subject: using more than one public key

From: "Schwarz, Bernhard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 10:30:08 +0100

Trying to understand draft-ietf-pkix-qc-03.txt, Chapter 4,
the following question appeared:
If we have a Qualified Certificate containing more than one
public key (different key pairs used for different purposes),
is the strictly pointed out declaration
   "... The associated private keys must be unique for the
   subject, and must be maintained under the subject's sole
   control. ..."
to be used for each private key, the public key of which is
provided in this certificate or only for the key(s) especially
provided for non-repudiation use?
Can somebody make that clear?

Thank You
Bernhard Schwarz

---

From: "Nick Pope" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 10:35:03 -0000

his was a basic issue which was considered when deveoping the X.509
extensions and the decision was to keep to the rule that one X.509
certificate should have one AND ONLY ONE key.

Nick Pope

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Schwarz, Bernhard [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: 22 February 2000 09:30
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: using more than one public key
>
>