Subject: AC profile

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 11:34:47 +0000

Hi All,

I'currently working on the next version of the AC profile
(which I hope to get to last call after Adelaide). There
were a few issues from Washington that I said I'd bring to
the list before we issue the new I-D:

- Do we need to support chains of ACs? 

I'd say the answer is "no, not in this version". I think its
reasonable to take the position that very few people will 
want this (and even fewer in the near future) so that anyone 
who they can write a new I-D to extend the profile for that 
case. I think this was the sense of the room in Washington.

- What to do about AAControls? 

I'm not so sure what's right here & would like some input 
(if you don't know what this is about, read the section 
and maybe look at the slides from Washington). My preference
today (it changes often:-) is to leave it in pretty much 
as is, but move it to section 7, so that it becomes optional 
to implement.

Other than that, I also need to bring up the recovation
schemes, but I'll wait 'till I've got text that's in 
synch with the latest X.509 DAM before bringing that to
the list.

Regards,
Stephen.

PS: For those of you who've already sent me comments, 
I'm going through them now, so no need to resend.

-- 
____________________________________________________________
Stephen Farrell         				   
Baltimore Technologies,   tel: (direct line) +353 1 647 7406
61 Fitzwilliam Lane,                    fax: +353 1 647 7499
Dublin 2.                mailto:[email-masked]
Ireland                             http://www.baltimore.com