Subject: OCSP and XML

From: Renato Portela <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 15:16:43 +0100

The syntax of SCVP is being specified with XML. 
Is any chance do the same to OCSP?

Thanks
Renato Portela

---

From: Denis Pinkas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 16:28:55 +0200

> The syntax of SCVP is being specified with XML.

 ... and ASN.1.

At this time, there is no decision to support SCVP or an equivalent,
as well as no decision to have XML in addition to ASN.1.

> Is any chance do the same to OCSP?

I hope there is not such a "chance". We already have too many
protocols for the same purpose.

:-)

Denis

---

From: "Stefan Kelm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 16:40:14 +0200

I apologize for sending this question to the PKIX list but I wasn't able to
find the ANSI draft X9.79 anywhere, not even on www.ansi.org.

Does anyone out there know how to get a copy? Is it available to the public
at all?

Any feedback is highly appreciated!

Cheers,

	Stefan.

--------------------------------------------------------
PKI-Symposium, 10.-11.Oktober 2000, www.pki-symposium.de
--------------------------------------------------------
Dipl.-Inform. Stefan Kelm
Security Consultant

Secorvo Security Consulting GmbH
Albert-Nestler-Strasse 9, D-76131 Karlsruhe

Tel. +49 721 6105-461, Fax +49 721 6105-455
E-Mail [email-masked], http://www.secorvo.de
-------------------------------------------------------
PGP Fingerprint 87AE E858 CCBC C3A2 E633 D139 B0D9 212B

---

From: "Phillip H. Griffin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 12:03:12 -0400

In general, Accredited Standards Committee X9 is the national
standards setting body for the financial services industry.
ASC X9 is accredited by ANSI. All approved X9 Standards are 
available in electronic form at the ASC X9 Web site's 
Electronic Standards Store (ESS) at www.x9.org or through 
the ANSI Web store at www.ansi.org. Hard copies can be obtained 
from Global Engineering Documents at 1-800-854-7179.  For more 
information about ASC X9 or its committees, contact Cynthia 
Fuller, managing director, at (202) 663-5284.

It is my understanding that X9.79 is a proposed standard
of the X9F5 working group that has been balloted but has not 
yet been approved. Once it is approved it will be available
through the X9/ANSI electronic bookstore. 

Until it is approved and published you can obtain a copy of
the draft by joining X9, X9F or the X9 WG. Joining can give
you access to all documents, the right to contribute to the
development of the standards, to attend meetings, and to 
comment and vote.

X9 is also the TAG for ISO TC68 (www.tc68.org) and work is
already underway on either a derivative of X9.79 or an ISO 
level version of X9.79. The X9.79 proposed standard is very
likely to be an input document to a TC68 working group. You
can contact the TC68 representative for your country and get
more information.

Phil

> Any feedback is highly appreciated!

Phillip H. Griffin      Griffin Consulting
http://asn-1.com        Secure ASN.1 Design & Implementation
+1-919-832-7008         1625 Glenwood Avenue, Five Points
+1-919-832-7390 [fax]   Raleigh, North Carolina  27608  USA
------------------------------------------------------------