Subject: about CA,X509,RA for security, certification validation

From: Haifeng Lin ~!~ <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 18:29:10 +0300 (EET DST)

subscribe

Hello,

I am Haifeng in Finland.I read your topic in internet. It is 
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/pkix-charter.html
It is very good. But it is knowledge and theory.How can I use it?

I have some question about PKI, CA,CV security...
I knew little bit PKI,CA, x509, RA... But I want to have a nice beginning
to do. So, Would you mind give me some example and C or C++ or Java  code
for how to do "certificate validation"?

I read one PKI book,(integrity, lifetime,signture...)

It is " The integrity of the certificate is sound; that is, the digital
signature on the certificate corresponds to the independently-calculated
hash value of the certificate itself and the signer's public key". 

Another one: "the certificate is within its established validity period(as
indicated by the Not Valid Before and Not valid after parameters in the
certificate). how can I do "Integrity" and "validity period" for "CA"? And
how did you think about "Revocation"?

which is X509 structure, just for signture, lifetime,integrity,revocation?

I would like to do "certification validation" by myself.
1. Presume one certification of structure that had in computer.
  struct x509{
int 
int 
int...
}
2. I will use Vj++ or Vc++to do "validation".
It includes: digitally signed, integrity,validity period, revocation.

3.Or If "Presume" I got CA from some software, how can I make "certificate
Validation" in C or C++, or Java?

Could you please tell me some idea and source code??Just simple...

Thank you very much and have a nice week.
B.R
Haifeng:)