Subject: President Clinton digital signing

From: Tom Strickland <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 19:54:17 -0700

Hello All,

After reading several articles about President Clinton and the digital
signature signing, it appears that people have an inaccurate impression
regarding the PKI technology utilized.

The actual smart card was produced by DataKey but the certs were
provided by Digital Signature Trust (DST) which is based on the CA
software designed and built by Xcert International.

---

From: Dan Geer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 23:16:21 -0400

>  After reading several articles about President Clinton and the
 >  digital signature signing, it appears that people have an
 >  inaccurate impression regarding the PKI technology utilized.
 > 

I would be interested to know how this selection was made.

--dan

---

From: Timothy Fisher <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2000 12:41:19 -0400

Does't DST also use Entrust software?

Timothy Fisher

---

From: "Alan Gibson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 09:05:40 -0400

Yes

---

From: "Yuriy Dzambasow" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 13:06:34 -0400

DST uses a variety of CA technologies in our managed services offerings, and
are not solely reliant on any one technology.

Yuriy

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan Gibson [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, August 21, 2000 9:06 AM
To: Timothy Fisher; Tom Strickland
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: President Clinton digital signing

Yes

---

From: Scott Barman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 11:14:50 -0400

> I would be interested to know how this selection was made.

See http://www.gsa.gov/aces