Subject: FW: Delegated Path Discovery draft

From: Michael Zolotarev <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 18:17:15 +1000

A scenario:

Client has 2 certificates (C1 and C2). C1 has a single path, C2 has 2
possible paths.

Step 1. Request. Contains C1 and C2. RetryReference void.
	Response. DPDOCSPResponse contains 2 PathResponses. Each has
retryReference =1.
	OCSPResponse::responseStatus (0).

Step 2. Request. The same 2 certificates. RetryReference=1.
	Response. We know that there is no more path for C1. So that the
OCSPResponse::responseStatus should be noMoreData(7). 
	However, there is another path for C2. 
	So that OCSPResponse::responseStatus should be 0.

Because the OCSPResponse::responseStatus is global, applying to all elements
of the DPDOCSPResponse (i.e. to each of the PathResponse), I don't see how
we can distinguish the status in a situation like one above.

Regards
Michael