Subject: RE: TSP. Version 10, Removal of SIA Extension

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 10:55:13 -0400

Hi Denis,

I just noticed that in the latest draft you completely remove from Section
2.3 the text about a TSA's certificate possibly containing a Subject
Information Access (SIA) extension. From the many comments received during
last call against the previous draft, I did not recall anyone asking for the
SIA extension to be removed.

Did I miss anything or is there a particular reason why the SIA extension
was removed?

Regards,

Francois
___________________________________
Francois Rousseau
Director of Standards and Conformance
Chrysalis-ITS
1688 Woodward Drive
Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA, K2C 3R7
[email-masked]      Tel. (613) 723-5076 ext. 419
http://www.chrysalis-its.com     Fax. (613) 723-5078

---

From: Denis Pinkas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 17:15:23 +0200

Francois,

> last call against the previous draft, I did not recall anyone asking for
> the SIA extension to be removed.
> 

You read the draft very carefully, congratulations !

I forgot to mention this point. At the Barcelona ISSE meeting, I had a
discussion with Stephen Kent about the progression of this draft to RFC. We
came to the conclusion that this draft should not be delayed any longer.
Since the SIA extension is not defined in RFC 2459, we would have had to
wait until "son-of-RFC 2459" is published. However, we did not wanted to
hold the draft until "son-of-RFC 2459" got its own RFC number.

Since the SIA was not mandatory to implement, it has been suppressed. We now
have two options:

1) either to re-incorporate it when the TSP Proposed Standard will move to
Standard,
2) or define this extension directly in "son-of-RFC 2459" (Tim can you hear
me ???)

Regards,

Denis

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 16:26:03 -0400

Tim and I have already started the addition of subjectInfoAccess in the 
next son-of-RFC2459 draft.  I assigned the OID for it yesterday.  I posted 
it to the IMC Web site earlier today.

Russ