Subject: WAP X.509 Certificate profile specification

From: Magnus Nystrom <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 16:19:51 +0200 (W. Europe Daylight Time)

Dear PKIX members,

On behalf of WAP's security group WSG, I would like to inform you that
a document named "WAPCert-20000309" can be found at

http://www.wapforum.org/what/technical.htm.

This document describes X.509 certificate profiles to be used for those
cases when X.509-compliant certificates will be sent over-the-air in WAP
protocols (or stored locally in WAP clients).

An accompanying document, "WAP-217-WPKI-20000303" describes WAP's PKI.

Comments and suggestions related to these documents are welcome and
solicited.

Thanks,
-- Magnus
Magnus Nystrom
RSA Security

---

From: Steve Hanna <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 10:53:12 -0400

Before I can download and read these documents, I apparently must agree
to a license stating that I will not "do or permit others to do any act
or omission in relation to a Document which is contrary to the
objectives of the Licensor as stated in its Memorandum and Articles of
Association." I cannot find the Memorandum and Articles of Association
on your web site. Could you supply a copy (or a URL)?

I hope this is not "denigrating the integrity of the Copyright"
(prohibited in the license agreement), but I find it a bit much to
require us to agree to a license in order to read or download your
documents!

-Steve

---

From: Magnus Nystrom <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 17:43:09 +0200 (W. Europe Daylight Time)

Sorry Steve,

It is not "my" documents, it is the WAP forum's documents. I am working
for RSA, who is a member of the WAP forum (as Sun is), not for the WAP
forum, and furthermore, I am not a lawyer. I read through the license
agreement before posting my message, and found it somewhat reasonable. I
don't know where the Memorandum in question is.

-- Magnus
Magnus Nystrom
RSA Security

---

From: Bruce Stephens <[email-masked]>
Date: 26 Oct 2000 17:07:01 +0100

> on your web site. Could you supply a copy (or a URL)?

The document is available from here
<http://www.wapforum.org/who/qualify.htm>, in MS Word format.

-- 
Bruce Stephens			[email-masked]
MessagingDirect(UK) Ltd		<URL:http://www.MessagingDirect.com/>