Subject: Requirement or API for EE's key management

From: Jung Joo-won <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 03:02:58 +0900

Is there any documents or specifications about the requirement or
API of End Entity's key pair management?

I do not talk about CMP but about the common API or security
requirements document about key pair generation, storing to hard disk
or floppy or smart card, key pair export/import, certificate download(?)
and certificate validation path creation.

Are there acceptable models about End Entity (or keyholder)'s
private key and certificate management?

Thanks in advance.

Joo-won Jung

-- 
Jung Joowon				| E-mail: [email-masked]
Dept. of Computer Science		|     /\^	Always being
Korea Advanced Inst. of Sci. and Tech.	|    /   \/\		with Network
Taejon, Republic of Korea, 305-701	|   /	  \ \	Mountain Duck (Quack)

---

From: Michael Zolotarev <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 13:28:11 +1000

Jung,
I'm afraid there is no single API covering all aspects of credentials
management you've listed.

Probably CDSA CSSM API may be the best choice here. Not sure you'll find
anything on certificate validation path creation. There is a number of
freeware and commercial cert management libraries, but I'm not sure they use
common API. I'm pretty sure that they aren't, actually.

The CMP presents an acceptable model about EE keys/certs management.

Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: Jung Joo-won [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, 6 October 2000 4:03
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Requirement or API for EE's key management

Thanks in advance.

Joo-won Jung

-- 
Jung Joowon				| E-mail: [email-masked]
Dept. of Computer Science		|     /\^	Always being
Korea Advanced Inst. of Sci. and Tech.	|    /   \/\		with Network
Taejon, Republic of Korea, 305-701	|   /	  \ \	Mountain Duck
(Quack)