Subject: Canadian contribution on enhancements to public-key and attribute certificates

From: "Hoyt L. Kesterson II" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 00:48:35 -0700

The Canadian contribution on SC06 N 11987 Revised Working Document on 
Enhancements to Public-key and Attribute Certificates has been 
distributed by the SSC6 Secretariat as SC06 N 12011

It can be found at

ftp://ftp.bull.com/pub/OSIdirectory/Flagstaff2001/InputDocuments/6N12011CanadaOnCertWD.pdf

The agenda for the meeting in Flagstaff has been changed such that 
work on X.509 will be on Tuesday and Wednesday, 25 and 26 September, 
instead of Wednesday and Thursday as originally scheduled. The 
complete revised agenda can be found in the revised announcement at

   ftp://ftp.bull.com/pub/OSIdirectory/Flagstaff2001/announcementRev1.doc

The worm that is munching its way through the internet has caused the 
administrator of the ftp.bull.com system to tighten up its port 
control. Unfortunately, the Netscape browser wants to use a port that 
is blocked. The result is that use of the URLs above results in no 
response from the server. I was told that IE works and so does my old 
rock solid VersaTerm FTP Link application.

I spent $30 to hear a Netscape support person tell me that although 
he had confirmed that neither current release of Netscape would work 
and that although his IE browser would work, the fact that one server 
could not be accessed was not important enough to spend time on.

Therefore, I have not been able to check, as i normally do, that the 
URLs are correct. Please let me know if you have a problem. Meanwhile 
I am out looking for a browser that will run on a MAC and support FTP 
in a directory browsing mode. Recommendations gratefully accepted.

    hoyt