Subject: Comments requested on ETSI Draft TR "XML format for signature policies"

From: "John Ross" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 11:49:28 +0100

Request for comments on draft ETSI TR on XML based Signature Policies:

This draft ETSI technical report defines Signature Policies using XML which
are based on the ASN.1 Signature Policies defined in ETSI TS 101 733 and RFC
3125.

This draft TR is offered as a starting point for discussion on XML based
Signature Policies. All comments received will help to determine the future
direction this work item will take in ETSI. This draft technical report is
being made publicly available for review and comment by any company,
individual or organisation with interest in this area.  A copy can be
obtained through the ETSI El Sign web site (see below).

Comments are requested by 14th September.

Background

The development of this technical report

"XML format for signature policies"

is one of the tasks the ETSI Electronic Signature and Infrastructure Working
Group is progressing within the European Electronic Signature
Standardisation
Initiative (EESSI). The ETSI El Sign Web-site (see below) provides further
information about the ETSI activities and the EESSI program.

REQUESTED ACTION

Please send your comments and suggestions not later than 14 September to the
ETSI El Sign e-mail list [email-masked], with copy to the editor on
[email-masked] .   Please put "ETSI-XML-SigPol" at the front of the
Subject
field of all submissions to the e-mail list on this topic.

To register with the EL-SIGN list and download the draft document
(STF178Task3DraftTR.pdf) see:

http://www.etsi.org/sec/el-sign.htm

The purpose of the open e-mail list is to stimulate discussion of the
published comments and contributions. Therefore, early submissions are
welcome. We expect that discussions will go on through the open e-mail list
under and after the comments period.

With regards

Juan  Carlos Cruellas (Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya)
Editor - XML format for signature policies

[email-masked]

and

György Endersz, Telia Research AB
Chair ETSI ESI Working Group
[email-masked]