Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pkix-proxy-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 07:01:33 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Proxy 
                          Certificate Profile
	Author(s)	: S. Tuecke et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pkix-proxy-01.txt
	Pages		: 32
	Date		: 13-Aug-01
	
This document forms a certificate profile for Proxy Certificates, 
based on X.509 PKI certificates as defined in draft-ietf-pkix-new-
part1-08.txt (the draft update to RFC 2459), for use in the 
Internet.  The term Proxy Certificate is used to describe a 
certificate that is derived from, and signed by, a normal X.509 
Public Key End Entity Certificate or by another Proxy Certificate 
for the purpose of providing restricted impersonation within a PKI 
based authentication system.  This draft replaces draft-ietf-pkix-
impersonation-00.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-proxy-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pkix-proxy-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-proxy-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.