Subject: Re: New test TSA available

From: [email-masked] (Peter Gutmann)
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 12:57:28 +1200 (NZST)

"todd glassey" <[email-masked]> writes:

>The TSA should by its response message also identify which standard or draft
>level it complies to.

How?  And why?  Since there's only supposed to be one version of the standard
(the final RFC), there doesn't seem to be any means of indicating which draft
was used (actually my code does implicitly indicate which draft was used, which
is "not a very recent one" :-).

Peter.

---

From: "todd glassey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 19:19:21 -0700

Peter -
Stick it (the version tag) in the token,  and the reason is that from an
evaluation side view, to remove all doubt as to compliance of the token to
the spec level.

For instance 5 years form now when there are 50 versions of the V1 system
deployed all churning out V1 tokens and the V2 structure and rule set is in
review by PKIX we may wish we could differentiate the two tokens from each
other in the same protocol.

Todd
----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Gutmann" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>;
<[email-masked]>
Cc: <>; <[email-masked]>
Sent: Saturday, August 25, 2001 5:57 PM
Subject: Re: New test TSA available