Subject: Re: Software for PKI

From: Rich Salz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2001 10:27:44 -0500

Your note said "let's not discuss security problems, let's just
implement."  Unless you meant something else be referring to Peter G's
list of issues as "shouting at the rain."
	/r$

-- 
Zolera Systems, Your Key to Online Integrity
Securing Web services: XML, SOAP, Dig-sig, Encryption
http://www.zolera.com

---

From: "Harrington, Chris" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 10:13:55 -0500

>Most of us in this field would rather not knowingly become charlatans
>and frauds. 

I am not suggesting anything of the kind. What I am suggesting is a more
focused approach on developing PKI software that is user friendly. Making it
user friendly is an important step in making PKI software acceptable to a
wider audience. I was talking about building something that IS secure and
making it user friendly, not building user friendly software that APPEARS to
be secure. Is that such a foreign concept???  I don't know how "charlatans
and frauds" entered the picture. Make it secure and usable...what's
fraudulent about that??

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Rich Salz [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2001 6:37 PM
To: Harrington, Chris
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Software for PKI

> we should concentrate on developing some PKIX / RFC
> compliant apps that give the users that "warm and fuzzy" feeling.

Most of us in this field would rather not knowingly become charlatans
and frauds.  Building something that looks like a secure and
interoperable system when you know it's not, just to give users the
appearance of same... yuk.
	/r$

-- 
Zolera Systems, Securing web services (XML, SOAP, Signatures,
Encryption)
http://www.zolera.com