Subject: Re: Which RFC specifies: E=[email-masked]?

From: [email-masked] (Peter Gutmann)
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 09:49:30 +1300 (NZDT)

"Tom Gindin" <[email-masked]> writes:

>Just to add to the confusion, there's a second contender with identical
>meaning: emailAddress {1 2 840 113549 1 9 1}, defined in PKCS #9 (section
>5.2.1 of version 2.0).

What, only two?  There are (at least) rfc822Name, rfc822Mailbox, emailAddress,
mail, and email.  There may be more which I haven't discovered yet.

(My code resolves the mess by mapping any of them to the CRYPT_CERTINFO_EMAIL
attribute (alised to CRYPT_CERTINFO_RFC822NAME), this has worked fine for the
several years it's been in use).

Peter.

---

From: Michael Ströder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 00:40:20 +0100

> mail, and email.  There may be more which I haven't discovered yet.

Peter, are you also talking about OIDs or the names for attribute
types? Tom and me were talking about OIDs.

Ciao, Michael.