Subject: TSA messages for http ?

From: "S.T. Wong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 15:44:22 +0800 (EAT)

Hi, there,

As mentioned in RFC3161, in socket based protocol TCP-based TSA messages,
which consist of triplet of (length, flag, value), are used to communicate
between the request initiator and listener.  If functions (like polling 
requests) are implemented on other protocols (e.g. SMTP, FTP, HTTP, etc), can 
we simply make use of such TSA message triplets ?    

Would anyone please advise ?
Thanks a lot.

ST Wong

-- 
S.T. Wong                               | Email: [email-masked]

---

From: "todd glassey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 06:21:11 -0800

Has anyone looked at integrating timestamping into XDAS. The XDAS
specification is much more stable that the TSP and would allow any UNIX
System or XDAS Compliant logging infrastructure to use the time stamp call
structures to reinforce the XDAS Logging Content.

This is a real world use model for the TSP (yuk - I am proposing it,
ewwwwww.) Oh well - anyway. For the TSP to really get some use it still
needs a couple of things like a reason for being used in the first place.

One use I would like to propose is as an addition to the OpenGroup's XDAS
Protocol. I have secured formal permission from the OpenGroup to submit that
as a proposed extension to both the xDAS protocol and the TSP.

My gut level feeling is that by bundling the missing pieces of the TSP
proposal together with the TSP itself  (that being some time management
process and an embedded application to use the TSP)  this protocol might get
some traction.

If you would like to see the xDAS draft send me some email and I will blast
off a copy to you. Its a 360kb PDF File at this time.

Todd