Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pkix-pkalgs-supp-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 13:41:49 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Supplemental Algorithms and Identifiers for the 
                          Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Certificate 
                          and CRL Profile
	Author(s)	: A. Singer, W. Whyte
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pkix-pkalgs-supp-01.txt
	Pages		: 23
	Date		: 05-Mar-02
	
This document specifies algorithm identifiers and ASN.1 encoding 
formats for digital signatures and subject public keys, including 
NTRUSign digital signatures and NTRUEncrypt and NTRUSign subject 
public keys used in the Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure 
(PKI).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-pkalgs-supp-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pkix-pkalgs-supp-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-pkalgs-supp-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 12:36:05 +0000

Can someone refresh my memory as to the intent of this draft? 

Its called "supplemental algorithms" but only contains details 
about ntru related stuff. If its intended to contain other 
algorithms, then I'd like to know roughly what they are or when 
to expect to see them. If not, then truth-in-advertising would 
suggest "s/supplemental/ntru/g".

Thanks,
Stephen.

[email-masked] wrote:
>   ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Content-Type: text/plain
> Content-ID:     <[email-masked]>

-- 
____________________________________________________________
Stephen Farrell         				   
Baltimore Technologies,   tel: (direct line) +353 1 881 6716
39 Parkgate Street,                     fax: +353 1 881 7000
Dublin 8.                mailto:[email-masked]
Ireland                             http://www.baltimore.com

---

From: "Housley, Russ" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 11:17:47 -0500

Steve:

I think the idea is to provide the OIDs and associated syntax for 
additional public key algorithms.  Right now it only has the NTRU 
algorithms, but others could be added too.

In the S/MIME WG, we have many algorithm documents.  For example:
         Use of the IDEA Encryption Algorithm in CMS
         Use of the CAST-128 Encryption Algorithm in CMS
         Use of the KEA and SKIPJACK Algorithms in CMS
         Use of the AES Encryption Algorithm and RSA-OAEP
                  Key Transport in CMS
         Use of ECC Algorithms in CMS

Perhaps a similar naming approach should be adopted.

Russ

---

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 16:23:03 +0000

Russ,

> algorithms, but others could be added too.

Sure they could. But which/when? I don't recall any suggestions
of this sort, but then my memory is pretty bad sometimes.
 
> Perhaps a similar naming approach should be adopted.

I'd agree that its probably better to do that if there's 
only going to be ntru in this draft.

Cheers,
Stephen.