Subject: OCKID Question?

From: "Sean P. Turner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 08:52:48 +1200

Paul,

I had a read of the OCKID draft - what a novel concept :)  I'm just
curious why the only choices included are the EE, CA, AA, and bare key.
There are other things that you trust in the PKIX realm like OCSP
responders.  If the trouble was trying to profile it so that you'd know
it was and OCSP responder  you could look for id-kp-OCSPSigning OBJECT
IDENTIFIER ::= {id-kp 9} in extended key usage.  I'm sure there are
others but that's the one that popped to the top.

Cheers,

spt

---

From: Paul Hoffman / IMC <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 08:07:31 -0800

At 8:52 AM +1200 3/18/02, Sean P. Turner wrote:
>I'm just

Because those were what I had thought of

>responders.

Sounds good; I can add it.

>   If the trouble was trying to profile it so that you'd know

If there are others, please send them to me or the PKIX mailing list.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium