Subject: RE: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pkix-pkalgs-supp-01.txt

From: "Singer, Ari" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 13:38:03 -0500

Hi, Stephen.

> Its called "supplemental algorithms" but only contains details 
> about ntru related stuff. If its intended to contain other 
> algorithms, then I'd like to know roughly what they are or when 
> to expect to see them. If not, then truth-in-advertising would 
> suggest "s/supplemental/ntru/g".

Yes.  That is a good observation.  NIST asked me to include information
about their new SHA algorithms and the revised DSA whenever that is ready.
When the information for the new algorithms are available they will be
included.  Also, once the new SHA algorithms are available, I will be
including OIDs and other additional information related to the use of the
other public key algorithms with the new hash algorithms.  So, as you say,
currently the only text in there relates to the NTRU algorithms and their
use with the new (and old) SHA algorithms, but I expect to be adding more
(non-NTRU) material shortly.

If anyone has any ideas for more text that should go into the document, let
me know and I will include that as well.

Cheers,
Ari

Ari Singer, Principal Engineer
NTRU
5 Burlington Woods
Burlington, MA 01803
Main: (781) 418-2500
Personal: (781) 418-2515
Fax: (781) 418-2532