Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pkix-acmc-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 06:58:06 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Attribute Certificate Management Messages over CMS
	Author(s)	: P. Yee
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pkix-acmc-01.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 06-Mar-02
	
This document specifies modifications to the Certificate Management
Messages over CMS specification ([CMCbis]) to permit the management
of attribute certificates.  This document does not stand alone, but
must be used in conjunction with [CMCbis].  It is expected that the
modifications proposed here will also be used in conjunction with the
Attribute Certificate Request Message Format specification ([ACRMF]).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-acmc-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pkix-acmc-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-acmc-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "Yee, Peter" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 14:32:22 -0800

I promised Stephen Farrell that I would include a means to provide
functionality similar to LAAP in ACMC (issuing ACs according to
a pre-agreed policy).  The text for that change didn't make it into
the version I sent to the I-D reposter just before the deadline, so I'm
sending it to the list.  The following text replaces the last paragraph
in Section 4.3 (Attribute Modification Handling Control Attribute):

       When attributes are to be issued according to a given profile or
       policy, the requester MAY send requested attributes and their
       values or omit them.  If values are supplied, the AA may modify
       these values within the bounds of the policy.  If the attributes
       are omitted in the request, the AA supplies a permissible set of
       attributes and values as dictated by the policy.  If the policy
       identifier (attrModPolicy) is not explicitly noted, then the
       policy is taken to be a pre-agreed default policy.

I also made the policy identifier OPTIONAL in order to support this mode.

As always, comments are welcome.

						-Peter Yee
						[email-masked]

>-----Original Message-----
>From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
>Sent: Thursday, March 07, 2002 3:58 AM
>Cc: [email-masked]
>Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pkix-acmc-01.txt
>
>