Subject: RE: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pkix-acrmf-00.txt

From: "Yee, Peter" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 10:26:52 -0800

Stephen,

>What I was thinking was that if you did incorporate that nicely then 
>there'd be no need for LAAP anymore (and since no-one seems to want 
>to produce a new LAAP draft that'd be a happy outcome - if someone
>does, let me know and I'll send you the source).

["that" referring to a mechanism to request an AC be issued under a
pre-agreed policy].

I'm adding a new control attribute which allows the requester to specify
how the requested attribute set may be modified by the AA (or LARA).  One
option will be that the attributes are to be issued according to policy.
I'm putting in a policy OID carrier, but if that (optional) OID is not
present, then I'm specifying that the default procedure is to fallback
to a pre-agreed policy.  A bit hidden in the overall machinations, but
I believe that would cover the LAAP-usage case.  Would that suffice for
your needs?

							-Peter

---

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 09:56:04 +0000

Peter,

Perfect!

Stephen.

-- 
____________________________________________________________
Stephen Farrell         				   
Baltimore Technologies,   tel: (direct line) +353 1 881 6716
39 Parkgate Street,                     fax: +353 1 881 7000
Dublin 8.                mailto:[email-masked]
Ireland                             http://www.baltimore.com