Subject: RE: WG Last Call: Additional Algorithms for RSA cryptography

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 11:36:06 -0500

Burt:

This is correct.  I have been coordinating with Tim Polk, and the document 
can proceed as soon as we are sure that the algorithm will not change.

Russ

At 04:24 PM 1/6/2004 -0500, Kaliski, Burt wrote:
>3. The [SHA224] document will not be stable until NIST finalizes its
>definition of SHA-224, which is currently out for public comment.

---

From: "Kaliski, Burt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 16:24:39 -0500

A few comments:

1. The sha224WithRSAEncryption OID has been defined. Please update the
definition on p. 13 to the following:

   sha224WithRSAEncryption  OBJECT IDENTIFIER  ::=  { pkcs-1 14 } 

2. Some typos:

* p. 6, definition of sha224Identifier: "id-sha256" --> "id-sha224"
* p. 11, Sec. 5, para 1: "SHA_224" --> "SHA-224"
* p. 12, para 3: "SHA-2224" --> "SHA-224"
* p. 18, ref. [SHA224]: "-00.txt" --> "-02.txt"

-- Burt

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2003 2:31 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: 'Stephen Kent'; [email-masked]; Jim Schaad; Russ Housley;
Kaliski, Burt
Subject: WG Last Call: Additional Algorithms for RSA cryptography

This message initiates working group Last Call for "Additional Algorithms
and 
Identifiers for RSA Cryptography". As a reminder, here is the Abstract:

   This document supplements RFC 3279.  It describes the conventions 
   for using the RSASSA-PSS signature algorithm, the RSAES-OAEP key 
   transport algorithm and additional one-way hash functions with the 
   PKCS #1 version 1.5 signature algorithm in the Internet X.509 Public 
   Key Infrastructure (PKI).  Encoding formats, algorithm identifiers, 
   and parameter formats are specified. 

This is a three week Last Call.  That means it will close sometime on or
after 
January 9, 2004.   The schedule has been padded with an additional week in 
light of the holidays. 

** Do not count on any further extension to Last Call!!! **

I intend to close Last Call promptly on January 9, since an S/MIME WG
document 
is blocked on this document.

The URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-rsa-pkalgs-01.txt

Thanks,

Tim Polk