Subject: RE: SCVP & validation policies

From: "Trevor Freeman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 08:58:25 -0700

Hi Denis,
As I said previous an OID is one of the possible options, but there is
no consensus to make this mandatory so SCVP will continue to support
both options. I also don't see consensus that it is mandatory that a
SCVP server will always map a request back to the OID.
I will be posting SCVP 15 shortly so you can review the latest draft.
Trevor

-----Original Message-----
From: Denis Pinkas [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, May 13, 2004 12:54 AM
To: Trevor Freeman
Cc: Florian Oelmaier; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: SCVP & validation policies

Trevor,

(text deleted)

Florian said: "it is widespread consensus on this list that
this could be done with SCVP by the use of the OID as a reference
to the validation policy as the sole configuration item."

I agree.

To respond to a request from Wen-Cheng Wang, the OID of the validation 
policy should be optional in the request. However, if the OID of the 
validation policy is not present in the request, then the OID of the 
validation policy that has been used SHALL be returned by the SCVP
server in 
the response. If the validation policy has dynamic parameters, then
these 
parameters SHALL be returned too.

Now, we need to move, Trevor.

Would you propose in an e-mail extracts of an ASN.1 syntax that would 
accommodate these requirements for both the request and the response, 
focussing on the validation policy elements ?

Thanks,

Denis

(text deleted)

---

From: Denis Pinkas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 09:53:19 +0200

Trevor,

> both options. 

Making the OID optional as requested by Wen-Cheng Wang, does not 
necessarilly mean "supporting both options".

> I also don't see consensus that it is mandatory that a

Many opinions, except one, are supporting this however.

> I will be posting SCVP 15 shortly so you can review the latest draft.

An extract of the proposal sent to the mailing list and targeted to this 
problem would probably save another round.

Denis