Subject: PKIX Roadmap

From: Dino Esposito <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 18:37:33 +0200

Hi all
in the PKIX charter web page is written
"A roadmap, providing a guide to the growing set of PKIX document, also
has been developed as an informational RFC".

I was not able to find this RFC.
Where can I find it?
Thank you

Alfredo Esposito
InfoCamere S.C.p.A.
Information Security Department
Roma
Italy

---

From: "Hallam-Baker, Phillip" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 17:08:11 -0700

> It was never published as an RFC, because it was intended to 
> be a "living document" that reflected the ongoing status of 
> the working group.  The IESG ruled that such a document could 
> not be published as an RFC - it has references to too many 
> "works in progress".

This is like the folk who feel the need to add postscripts to
emails. The whole point of Requests For Comments was that they
would represent works in progress.

The idea was that the Internet represented a work in progress
rather than a destination.

It seems a little silly to have RFCs that describe transport of
IP packets by pidgeon but not information that might be useful.

	Phill