Subject: [OT] Protocols missing from ethereal, seeking example captures

From: ronnie sahlberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 10:51:46 +1100

Hi List.

Sorry for the off-topic post but I assume if anyone can help me here
it would be people on this list.

I am one of the core developers of Ethereal (www.ethereal.com  a free
GPL protocol analyzer) and am now trying to make the dissection in
ethereal complete with regards to X509 and related protocols.

While Ethereal has currently got reasonably support for things like
CMS, X509 etc there are still a lot of missing protocols.

What I need to complete this support is essentially example packet
captures containing the various protocols.

If anyone is intyerested in helping me out there, these are the things
that are still missing from the protocols described in your working
groups list of RFCs:

RFC2510 :  
  Example capture containing 5.4 Management Protocol via HTTP
  Example capture containing 5.2 Direct TCP-Based Management Protocol

RFC2511 :
  Example capture containing some messages.

RFC 2560 :
  Example capture containing A.1 OCSP over HTTP

RFC 2797 :
  Example capture containing 7.1  MIME Wrapping
  Example capture containing 7.3  Socket-Based Transport

RFC 3029 :
  Example capture containing 10.1 DVCS Protocol via HTTP or HTTPS

RFC 3161 :
  Example capture containing 3.3. Socket Based Protocol
  Example capture contaionig 3.4. Time-Stamp Protocol via HTTP

Most of the other missings RFCs  I feel comfortable adding without
testing, but the ones above would be very nice to be able to test.

The process of writing the actual code in Ethereal is semitrivial with
the Ethereal asn2eth compiler   but the wrapping inside other
protocols needs to be tested.

If anyone is interested in helping me out  we can take it off list
since it is off topic.

If anyone has any other protocols they need implemented in Ethereal
and have and can provide me with example captures  i will be happy to
add them.

best regards
  ronnie sahlberg