Subject: Updated PKIX Agenda - 61st IETF

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 10:14:41 -0500

Folks,

Just thought I would pass on a few minor updates to the PKIX agenda.  I made a 
few changes in the ordering, updated the SCVP URL (it is -16, not -15), 
inserted a presentation for Lightwieght OCSP, and reflected two speaker 
changes (BaeHyo Park will present the User Interface Requirements; I will 
present Dan Brown's Elliptic Curve slides.)

Thanks,

Tim

=========================================================================

Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) WG (pkix)

Wednesday, November 10 at 1300-1500
===================================

CHAIRS: Stephen Kent <[email-masked]>
        Tim Polk <[email-masked]>

1. WG Status and Direction

1.1 Document Status Review [Tim Polk (NIST)]

       The working group has a number of Internet-Drafts.  Many
       documents are with the ADs or in various stages of WG Last Call.
       Several others are ready for Last Call. (10 min.)

2. PKIX WG Specifications

2.1 Simple Certificate Validation Protocol (SCVP)
       Trveor Freeman (Microsoft)
         submitted new draft, available soon at
      http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-scvp-16.txt

      A new draft has been submitted with significant enhancements.  This
      presentation will highlight those changes and their rationale.
      (30 min.)

2.2 3280bis
        Tim Polk (NIST)
        (no draft)

      The co-chairs have selected a lead editor for RFC 3280bis and formed
      a design team to develop a -00 draft from a issues list complied from
      PKIX mail messages and mail to the RFC 3280 editors.  Draft -00 is
      expected late in 2004.  This presentation will focus on scope and
      process.
      (10 min.)

2.3 Discovering CRL Signer Certificates Using AIA
        Stefan Santesson (Microsoft)
        (draft after meeting)

      The ADs have approved a new PKIX document on this topic.  The first draft
      will be posted after this meeting.  This presentation will describe the
      problem and the projected -00 solution.
      (5 min.)

2.4 Issues and Recommendations on CRL Processing Rules
        Santosh Chokhani (Orion)
        (no draft)

      This presentation will provide a comprehensive review of issues in
      CRL Processing.  Issues are identified in RFCs 3280 and 2560; changes
      are proposed to resolve these issues.  Relationship with ISO's X.509
      standard is also addressed
      (15 min.)

2.5 LDAP Schemas
         David Chadwick (Univ. of Salford)
  http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-ldap-crl-schema-03.txt
  http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-ldap-ac-schema-02.txt

      The WG has a suite of LDAP-PKIX drafts forming a comprehensive solution
      for LDAP based PKI information distribution.  New drafts of two documenta
      have been submitted since IETF 60 and are in WG Last Call.  (10 min.)

2.6 LDAP PKIX Schema Issues
      Kent Zeilenga (LDAP WG co-chair)
      (no draft)

      This presentation identify remaining issues for PKI LDAP schemas and
      (where applicable) ways to address them.
      (10 min.)

2.7 Lightweight OCSP for High Volume Environments
      Ryan Hurst (Microsoft)
      ttp://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/
                         draft-ietf-pkix-lightweight-ocsp-profile-01.txt
      
      This document profiles OCSP for use in high volume PKI environments
      and PKI environments that require a lightweight solution to minimize
      bandwidth and client side processing.

      (10 min.)

2.8 Algorithm IDs for Elliptic Curve Cryptography in PKIX
      Tim Polk (NIST) for Daniel Brown (Certicom)
      http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-ecc-pkalgs-00.txt

      This document is stable and ready for progression.  The WG needs to
      select a startegy for progression: progress indpendently or in a
      revision of RFC 3279?
      (10 min.)

3. Related Specifications & Liaison Presentations

      Time allowing, liaison presentations will be accommodated to ensure the
      PKIX WG is aware of related specifications currently progressing as
      individual drafts.

    3.1 User Interface Requirements for PKIX
      BaeHyo Park (KISA)
      http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-choi-pkix-ui-01.txt

      This document is a personal draft.  The presentation is a follow-up to
      a presentation on draft -00 at IETF-60.  Many people asked about the all
      important look and feel of the user interface; this short demonstration
      should further understanding and promote additional discussion.
      (10 min.)