Subject: Deadline for issues list for 3280bis

From: Tim Polk <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 14:25:47 -0500

Folks,

I have previously requested that issues be submitted to David Cooper of 
NIST as the first step in this process, but only a handful of issues have 
been submitted to date.  I assume that means no one has any problems with 
the document's content!  If you are aware of outstanding issues, please 
submit them to David without delay at <[email-masked]>.

Please recall that the PKIX WG is shutting down.  This process cannot be 
allowed to go on forever.  To ensure that the 3280bis revision process is 
as efficient as possible, I am establishing a ***November 19**** deadline 
for submission of issues.  This is a hard deadline!  If  issues are raised 
after the 19th, they will be considered too late for consideration.

A word on scope: I have previously stated that new features would not be 
considered because we were going straight to DRAFT.  One of the ADs has 
informed me that the changes we are *required* to make with respect to 
processing international name forms will necessitate cycling at Proposed 
yet again.  This gives us some additional latitude in selecting which 
issues to address.  However, since we are trying to shut down, issues that 
would require definition of new features must be very well defined to 
ensure rapid completion of this document.

Thanks,

Tim Polk