Subject: Issue #5 - AIA in CRL draft

From: "Stefan Santesson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 12:50:41 +0100

All,

At IETF in Minneapolis it was decided to take presented issue #5,
regarding AIA in CRL draft, to the list before issuing a new draft for
WG last call.

This was the issue:

The AIA in CRL draft was submitted slightly before RFC3280bis and thus
the MUST and SHOULD support access methods for the AIA extension in
RFC3280bis has to be synchronized with the AIA in CRL draft.

RFC 3280bis requirements:
  - directoryName allowed (may be used for DAP or LDAP)
  - uniformResourceIdentifier allowed (may be used for, LDAP, HTTP, and
FTP)
  - When the id-ad-caIssuers accessMethod is used, at least one instance
    SHOULD specify an accessLocation that is an HTTP or LDAP URI

The AIA in CRL draft requirements:

  - All present accessLocation values MUST use the
uniformResourceIdentifier 
    [URI] form, and the values MUST use either the ldap scheme [LDAP] or
the 
    http scheme [HTTP/1.1].

Proposed resolution, preliminary agreed at the Minneapolis IETF, is to
use the rules defined in RFC 3280bis.

Unless I here some objections within the next couple of days I will
include this change in the new draft and re-submit for WG last call.

Stefan Santesson