Subject: RFC 3279: ECDSA and ECDH keyUsage Text

From: "Sean P. Turner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 15:13:14 -0500

I'm a little confused by the keyUsage paragraphs (3.2.5) in RFC 3279.  
It seems like the current text on applies to CAs and CRL issuers.  I 
believe the text needs to be modified as follows to address end entities:

replace (before the list of digitalSignature, nonRepudiation, and 
keyAgreement) "If the keyUsage extension is present in a CA or CRL 
issuer certificate" with "If the keyUsage extension is present in an end 
entity certificate."

and

replace (before the list of digitalSignature, nonRepudiation, 
keyAgreement, keyCertSign, and cRLSign) "If the keyUsage extension is 
present in a CA certificate" with "If the keyUsage extension is present 
in a CA or CRL issuer certificate."

I think this was just a cut and paste error.  Sorry for the spam if 
somebody else already caught this.

spt

---

From: Daniel Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 16:31:28 -0500

> in a CA or CRL issuer certificate."

These replacements seem reasonable.