Subject: "Final" PKIX Agenda

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 14:13:24 -0500

Folks,

As is often the case, there are a few last minute changes to the PKIX Agenda.
(1) Akira Kanaoka (Secom/JNSA PKI Challenge Project) will be making the 
presentation on UTF8Striong deployment.
(2) A ten minute liasion presentation by has been added on a forthcoming 
personal draft defining a data interchange format for OCSP servers. The
presenter will be John Hines from Tumbleweed.
(3) To accomodate, I shrank the 3280bis and CRL AIA time slots by 5 minutes 
each.  I believe I had added to the time slot requested by the presenters in 
both instances.

Thanks,

Tim Polk

---------------------------------------------

Public Key Infrastructure (X.509) WG (pkix)

TUESDAY, March 8, 2005, 1300-1500

===================================

CHAIRS: Stephen Kent <[email-masked]>
        Tim Polk <[email-masked]>

1. WG Status and Direction

1.1 Document Status Review [Tim Polk (NIST)]
       (10 min.)

2. PKIX WG Specifications

2.1 Simple Certificate Validation Protocol (SCVP)
       Trevor Freeman (Microsoft) and David Cooper (NIST
      http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-scvp-18.txt

      Significant progress has been made towards rough consensus through
      the two drafts submitted since the last meeting.  These drafts
      represent been submitted with significant enhancements.  This
      presentation will highlight those changes and their rationale, as
      well as the question of rough consensus.
      (20 min.)

2.2 3280bis
        David Cooper (NIST)
      currently available on NIST site
http://csrc.nist.gov/pki/documents/PKIX/draft-ietf-pkix-rfc3280bis-00.txt
      see also
http://csrc.nist.gov/pki/documents/PKIX/rfc3280todraft3280bis-00_diff.html

      A design team met in January to develop a -00 draft from a issues
      list complied from PKIX mail messages and mail to the RFC 3280
      editors.  Draft -00 incorproates a number of clarifications and small
      changes designed to align with ISO and remove ambiguities, and a new
      section on comparing internationalized names.  Draft -00 and a diff
      file highlighting changes are now available from the URLS above.  
      This presentation will focus on the set of changes and in the -00
      draft and the proposed approaches for comparing internationalized names.
      (25 min.)

2.3 UTF8String Deployment and Migration
        Akira Kanaoka (Secom/JNSA PKI Challenge Project)
        (no draft)

      This presentation will provide the feedback recieved fron a questionnaire
      on UTF8String deployment in Asia, and discuss a migration strategy
      that is currently under development. 
      (15 min.)

2.4 Discovering CRL Signer Certificates Using AIA
        Stefan Santesson (Microsoft)
      http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-crlaia-00.txt

      Draft -00 of this new PKIX document was published after the last meeting.
      This presentation will review the comments recieved oin this document to
      date and the plan for progression.
      (10 min.)

2.5 Update on CMC Archive, CMC Transport
        Jim Schaad (Soaring Hawk)
      http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-cmc-trans-03.txt
      http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-cmc-archive-01.txt

      This presentation will review the state of several related drafts and
      highlight the controversies that remain.  (20 min.)

3. Related Specifications & Liaison Presentations

      Time allowing, liaison presentations will be accommodated to ensure the
      PKIX WG is aware of related specifications currently progressing as
      individual drafts.

3.1 Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) schema definitions
      Kent Zeilenga (OpenLDAP)
      http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zeilenga-ldap-x509-01.txt

      The author of this individual submission has requested that the WG review
      and comment upon this draft.  He intends to make a decision by the end of
      IETF#62 whether to recommend this revision for IESG consideration as a
      Proposed Standard. This document is intended to be published at the same
      time as the revised LDAP TS being developed by the LDAPBIS WG. (10 min.)

3.2 OCSP Data Interchange Format
      John Hines (Tumbleweed)
        (no draft)

      The presenter will be submitting an individual draft defining a data
      interchange format for OCSP servers.  The presentation will present the
      problems that inspired this draft and invite WG participation. (10 min.)