Subject: draft-ietf-pkix-scvp-18.txt comments

From: "Frank Balluffi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 12:23:16 -0500

Sorry for the late comments and if others have already made them.

1. Should ValidationPolicy's extendedKeyUsages include "SIZE (1..MAX)" -- 
section 3.2.4?

2. Why is the type ValidationAlg defined (section 3.2.4.2)? Why not use 
AlgorithmIdentifier?

3. CVRequest's requestorName is of type GeneralName [singular] (section 
3), yet CVResponse's requestorName is of type GeneralNames [plural] 
(section 4)? Is this intentional or a mistake?

4. In section 4.9.4, the status values 2 (Revocation Offline) and 3 
(Revocation Unavailable) imply that a path was built and validated, but 
the document does not explicitly state this. Should the document 
explicitly state this?

5. observation: The order of certificates in a CertBundle is least 
significant first (section 4.9.5), whereas Web Services Security's 
wsse:PKIPath is the opposite (most significant first) -- see 
WS-Security-Addendum200208.pdf. Too bad they are different.

6. typo: The first sentence of section 4.12 should say "the 
cvResponseExtensions item", not "the CVResponseExtensions item".

7. In section 6, should the following ValPolResponse items include "SIZE 
(1..MAX)":

validationPolices
validationAlgs
authPolicies
serverPublicKeys

Frank