Subject: Protocol Action: 'Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Operational Protocols: Certificate Store Access via HTTP' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 16:23:06 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Operational Protocols: Certificate 
   Store Access via HTTP '
   <draft-ietf-pkix-certstore-http-09.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Russ Housley and Sam Hartman.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-certstore-http-09.txt

Technical Summary

  The protocol conventions described in this document satisfy some of
  the operational requirements of the Internet Public Key Infrastructure
  (PKI).  This document specifies the conventions for using the
  Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP/HTTPS) as an interface mechanism to
  obtain certificates and certificate revocation lists (CRLs) from PKI
  repositories.

Working Group Summary

  The PKIX Working Group reached rough consensus on this document.

Protocol Quality

  This document was reviewed by Russ Housley for the IESG.