Subject: RFC 5280 on Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Certificate and Certificate Revocation List (CRL) Profile

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 16:15:07 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5280

        Title:      Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure 
                    Certificate and Certificate Revocation List (CRL) 
                    Profile 
        Author:     D. Cooper, S. Santesson,
                    S. Farrell, S. Boeyen,
                    R. Housley, W. Polk
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       May 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      151
        Characters: 352580
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pkix-rfc3280bis-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5280.txt

This memo profiles the X.509 v3 certificate and X.509 v2 certificate
revocation list (CRL) for use in the Internet.  An overview of this
approach and model is provided as an introduction.  The X.509 v3
certificate format is described in detail, with additional information
regarding the format and semantics of Internet name forms.  Standard
certificate extensions are described and two Internet-specific
extensions are defined.  A set of required certificate extensions is
specified.  The X.509 v2 CRL format is described in detail along with
standard and Internet-specific extensions.  An algorithm for X.509 certification path validation is described.  An ASN.1 module and examples
are provided in the appendices.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...