Subject: RFC 5280 and RFC 5055

From: "Santosh Chokhani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 09:56:48 -0400

1.       RFC 5280, Section 6.2, states the following:

"For example, a policy constraints extension could be included in the
self-signed

   certificate to indicate that paths beginning with this trust anchor
should be trusted only for the specified policies."  This example should
be corrected to either point to certificate policies extension or to
relate the last half of the sentence to the semantics of require
explicit policy.

2.  RFC 5055 should be enhanced to align with 5280.  Aside from
replacing the references, for example, inputs to path validation may
also include permitted and excluded subtrees.  

Santosh Chokhani

CygnaCom Solutions, Inc,

7925 Jones Branch Drive, Suite 5200

McLean, Virginia 22102

(703) 270-3535

[email-masked]