Subject: [pkix] RFC 6402 on Certificate Management over CMS (CMC) Updates

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 22:02:03 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6402

        Title:      Certificate Management over CMS (CMC) 
                    Updates 
        Author:     J. Schaad
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      37
        Characters: 66722
        Updates:    RFC5272, RFC5273, RFC5274

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pkix-rfc5272-bis-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6402.txt

This document contains a set of updates to the base syntax for CMC, a
Certificate Management protocol using the Cryptographic Message
Syntax (CMS).  This document updates RFC 5272, RFC 5273, and RFC
5274.

The new items in this document are: new controls for future work in
doing server side key generation, definition of a Subject Information
Access value to identify CMC servers, and the registration of a port
number for TCP/IP for the CMC service to run on.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC