Subject: Re: [pkix] fyi: CA/Browser Forum (CABF) reform deliberations

From: =JeffH <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 01:13:17 -0700

> FYI, as I mentioned in the session, the CA/Browser Forum (CABF) is entertaining
 > governance reforms, as announced here.
 >
 >    CA/Browser Forum Announces Organizational Reform Working Group
 >    http://cabforum.org/org_announcement.html
 >
 > The CABF is soliciting public input, the deadline for input is unfortunately
 > fast approaching, it is this Friday, March 30, 2012.

FWIW, I hear tell (as I suspected) that "late" input will still be considered, 
although the longer submitters wait, the less time and opportunity there will 
be to incorporate their feedback into any proposal that will come to a vote 
(slated for mid-April).

 > In terms of the sorts of reforms some parties are proposing, here's PayPal's
 > input..
 >
 >    PayPal supports reform at the CA/Browser Forum
 >
 > 
http://www.thesecuritypractice.com/the_security_practice/2012/03/paypal-supports-reform-at-the-cabrowser-forum.html
 >
 > I'm here @ietf-83, feel free to reach out if you have any questions,

=JeffH