Subject: [pkix] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pkix-caa-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2012 12:47:41 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : DNS Certification Authority Authorization (CAA) Resource Record
	Author(s)       : Phillip Hallam-Baker
                          Rob Stradling
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pkix-caa-05.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2012-03-07

   The Certification Authority Authorization (CAA) DNS Resource Record
   allows a DNS domain name holder to specify the certificate signing
   certificate(s) authorized to issue certificates for that domain.  CAA
   resource records allow a public Certification Authority to implement
   additional controls to reduce the risk of unintended certificate mis-
   issue.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-caa-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-caa-05.txt

---

From: Phillip Hallam-Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 15:55:41 -0500

This has only got one major change, and this is to tweak the
definition of the Extended Issuer Authorization set so that it is now
strictly hierarchical.

While doing this, I decided that the term 'public delegation point'
was most likely to be interpreted as being the suffix under which
names are delegated rather than the delegation. [i.e. the PDP for
example.com would be .com].

I tried to fix that but I have just noticed that I wrote prefix rather
than suffix. I have corrected the editors copy and will roll that with
any other changes that are proposed.

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 3:47 PM,  <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> pkix mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pkix

-- 
Website: http://hallambaker.com/