Subject: [pkix] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pkix-est-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 15:46:17 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Enrollment over Secure Transport
	Author(s)       : Max Pritikin
                          Peter E. Yee
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pkix-est-01.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2012-03-12

   This document profiles certificate enrollment for clients using
   Certificate Management over CMS (CMC) messages over a secure
   transport.  This profile, called Enrollment over Secure Transport
   (EST), describes a simple yet functional certificate management
   protocol targeting simple Public Key Infrastructure clients that need
   to acquire client certificate(s) and associated Certification
   Authority (CA) certificate(s).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-est-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-est-01.txt

---

From: Anders Rundgren <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 12:03:38 -0400

I'm currently participating in a NSTIC event at NIST.

A person from NASA who I talked to acknowledged that the US government
are indeed thinking of using their PIV cards as "Bootstrap" for
enrolling derived credentials on mobile devices with embedded
security hardware.

I don't see that the IETF has anything to offer these guys (smart cards
have been ruled out by PKIX) so the US government's only hope is that
"The Big Three" unite on a solution.

Anders

On 2012-03-12 18:46, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> pkix mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pkix
>