Subject: [pkix] too many negatives ...

From: Stephen Kent <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 05:09:18 -0400

Stephen Farrell noted that I inserted too many negatives in my comment
about 5280 co-authors and the SS/EE cert issue. What I meant to say was:

Stephen Farrell is the one co-author of 5280 who has said, publicly, 
that he view self-signed, EE certs as not inconsistent with 5280 and 
X.509.

Sorry 'bout the confusion.

Steve

---

From: "Henry B. Hotz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 11:14:20 -0700

"not inconsistent" means "consistent"?  ;-)

On Mar 26, 2012, at 2:09 AM, Stephen Kent wrote:

> Stephen Farrell is the one co-author of 5280 who has said, publicly, that he view self-signed, EE certs as not inconsistent with 5280 and X.509.
> 
> _______________________________________________
> pkix mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pkix

------------------------------------------------------
The opinions expressed in this message are mine,
not those of Caltech, JPL, NASA, or the US Government.
[email-masked], or [email-masked]

---

From: Stephen Kent <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 06:18:41 -0400

>"not inconsistent" means "consistent"?  ;-)

not necessarily.

"Consistent" is a simple, positive assertion.

"Not inconsistent" leaves a lot of wiggle room.

Steve