Subject: [pkix] Last Call: <draft-ietf-pkix-pubkey-caps-04.txt> (S/MIME Capabilities for Public Key Definitions) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2012 08:45:10 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Public-Key Infrastructure
(X.509) WG (pkix) to consider the following document:
- 'S/MIME Capabilities for Public Key Definitions'
  <draft-ietf-pkix-pubkey-caps-04.txt> as an Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-04-20. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines a set of S/MIME Capability types for ASN.1
   encoding for the current set of public keys define in the PKIX
   working group.  This facilitates the ability for a requester to
   specify information on the public keys and signature algorithms to be
   used in responses.  An example of where this is used is with the OCSP
   Agility draft.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pkix-pubkey-caps/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pkix-pubkey-caps/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.