Subject: [pkix] URN certspec draft (in Apps WG)

From: Sean Leonard <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2012 01:11:31 -0700

Hello PKIX Folks:

I have made an individual submission titled "A Uniform Resource Name 
(URN) Namespace for Certificates". Basically, it lets you identify a 
certificate in ways such as this:

urn:cert:SHA-1:b1f090a8e2d70353107454f9618347b18b321bf1

Because URNs are managed by the Apps WG, I am continuing the 
conversation in that context. If you are interested, however, I would 
value your review.

Thank you,

Sean Leonard

Filename:	 draft-seantek-certspec
Revision:	 00
Title:		 A Uniform Resource Name (URN) Namespace for Certificates
Creation date:	 2012-07-08
WG ID:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 13
URL:http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-seantek-certspec-00.txt
Status:http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-seantek-certspec
Htmlized:http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-seantek-certspec-00

---

From: Massimiliano Pala <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2012 19:48:43 -0400

On 07/09/2012 04:11 AM, Sean Leonard wrote:
> Hello PKIX Folks:
>
> I have made an individual submission titled "A Uniform Resource Name (URN) Namespace for 
> Certificates". Basically, it lets you identify a certificate in ways such as this:
>
> Because URNs are managed by the Apps WG, I am continuing the conversation in that 
> context. If you are interested, however, I would value your review.
>

I think this could be useful for PKIX as well - maybe you should present at the next IETF.. :D

  --- Max

-- 

tel.718-260-4009 | web: http://member.acm.org/~openca/

Massimiliano Pala, Ph.D.
Director & Founder, OpenCA Labs
Research Professor, NYU Poly
Assistant Director, CRISSP

http://crissp.poly.edu

---

From: Scott Schmit <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 21:38:36 -0400

On Mon, Jul 09, 2012 at 01:11:31AM -0700, Sean Leonard wrote:
> conversation in that context. If you are interested, however, I
> would value your review.

How does this compare/contrast to draft-farrell-decade-ni?

-- 
Scott Schmit