Subject: [pkix] Fwd: Last Call: <draft-schaad-pkix-rfc2875-bis-03.txt> (Diffie-Hellman Proof-of-Possession Algorithms) to Proposed Standard

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 10:03:17 -0500

Some on this list might be interested about this draft. Please send any 
comments to [email-masked].

spt

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Last Call: <draft-schaad-pkix-rfc2875-bis-03.txt> 
(Diffie-Hellman Proof-of-Possession Algorithms) to Proposed Standard
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2012 14:08:01 -0800
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Diffie-Hellman Proof-of-Possession Algorithms'
   <draft-schaad-pkix-rfc2875-bis-03.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-01-02. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

    This document describes two methods for producing an integrity check
    value from a Diffie-Hellman key pair and one method for producing an
    integrity check value from an Elliptic Curve key pair.  This behavior
    is needed for such operations as creating the signature of a PKCS #10
    certification request.  These algorithms are designed to provide a
    proof-of-possession rather than general purpose signing.

    This document obsoletes RFC 2875.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-schaad-pkix-rfc2875-bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-schaad-pkix-rfc2875-bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.