Subject: [pkix] Extended Validation Certificate OIDs

From: "Hasan T. Emdad" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 21:36:40 +0600

Hi,

Is EV only limited through CAB Forums? 

On Microsoft CA, there are many ways to implement Enterprise EV
certificates. Now my question is, how do they do it if it's the only answer
that the browsers acknowledges to its embedded forum members OID only?

Hasan T. Emdad

---

From: "Piyush Jain" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 17:24:38 -0700

Microsoft enterprise EV is only meant for intranet and Internet explorer.

Intranet sites with these certificates will display the green bar only in
internet explorer which is configured (typically using a GPO) with the
special policy OID and the root CA.

Clients/browser outside your intranet won't even consider the certificate to
be valid because they won't be able to chain the certificate to a trusted
root in their local trust store.

-Piyush

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Hasan T. Emdad
Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2013 8:37 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [pkix] Extended Validation Certificate OIDs

Hi,

Hasan T. Emdad