Subject: Re: [PMOL] Proposed Adoption of draft-malas-performance-metrics-08

From: "Marian Delkinov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 14:47:08 +0100

Hi,

I followed the development and contributed to this draft while it was in
the SIPPING WG. Now I agree that PMOL WG is a more natural place for it
and I support the idea of progressing it as a WG draft. Regarding the
fine tuning of the metrics definitions, perhaps there is still some work
to be done and consensus is yet to reach, but for the moment, I support
adopting the draft as it is and continue work on it as a WG item. 

Best regards!
Mario.

Marian Delkinov 
Network Management and Service Assurance
ERICSSON AB

-----Original Message-----
From: Al Morton [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, 23 January, 2008 16:29
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [PMOL] Proposed Adoption of draft-malas-performance-metrics-08

PMOL Working Group:

A comment period for the Internet-Draft on

"SIP End-to-End Performance Metrics"

<draft-malas-performance-metrics-08.txt>

will be open from 23 January 2008 through 6 February 2003.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-malas-performance-metrics-08

The purpose of this comment period is to examine whether there is PMOL
WG consensus to adopt this draft as the basis for the SIP Performance
Metrics "Proof of Concept" work item described in the PMOL WG Charter,
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/pmol-charter.html
and if so to progress this as a Working Group Draft.

STATUS

When this topic was raised at the IETF-70 PMOL session, there was
substantial readership and some support expressed to take-up this
version as the WG draft. There were also some reservations expressed at
the meeting about how well the current draft matches the (evolving and
not yet complete) framework draft. Thus, completing this milestone will
require further development of the framework (and process) draft, as
well.

Also, this draft has enjoyed interest and review of the SIPPING WG, and
members of the SIP development community continue to apply their
expertise to fine-tune the performance metric definitions.

Please weigh-in with any comments to this list or to the co-chairs:
<[email-masked]> and <[email-masked]>.

Al Morton
Alan Clark
pmol co-chairs

Note: The current version of the framework and process draft is here:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-morton-perf-metrics-framework-01

_______________________________________________
PMOL mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pmol
_______________________________________________
PMOL mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pmol