Subject: [pmtud] Please publish draft-ietf-pmtud-method-03.txt (fwd)

From: Matt Mathis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 16:10:57 -0400 (EDT)

I submitted a new draft just a few minutes ago.  You can obtain an advance copy
from http://www.psc.edu/~mathis/draft/draft-ietf-pmtud-method-03.txt

I was able to include all of the good ideas from the WG and my own TODO list,
except for one item.   The draft covers everything discussed including a
protocol independent description of most of the algorithm, with the TCP, SCTP,
IP fragmentation and "application" PLPMTUD covered in short sections that only
address the details that are protocol specific.

Since My laptop died yesterday AM, had to fore go 2 things: one more NIT removal
pass and adding a section on state variables and SNMP hooks.  I believe that
this last item is the only significant piece that is still missing.

The next step, before the document can be significantly improved, is real
implementation experience.

Thanks,
--MM--
-------------------------------------------
Matt Mathis      http://www.psc.edu/~mathis
Work:412.268.3319    Home/Cell:412.654.7529
-------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
pmtud mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pmtud