Subject: RE: [Policy] I-D ACTION:draft-bartz-lsb-policy-rule-components-00 .txt

From: "Pana, Mircea" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 07:41:54 -0600

Larry,

Some long due comments on LSBPRC:

- Section 1. (Introduction) positions the paper as means for the
implementation of policies in Expert Systems. Details, concrete
applicability statements and examples would be very helpful.

- Section 2 (Model): It is not obvious how LSBPRC extends the PCIM/PCIMe
model. A list and diagram(s) of the new classes and attributes would be
useful

- it would also be useful to see the model and schema inheritance
hierarchies and the model-schema mapping.

Regards,
Mircea.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, December 11, 2002 8:12 AM
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Policy] I-D
ACTION:draft-bartz-lsb-policy-rule-components-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: Logically Succinct Basic Policy Rule Components
	Author(s)	: L. Bartz
	Filename	: draft-bartz-lsb-policy-rule-components-00.txt
	Pages		: 46
	Date		: 2002-12-9
	
Logically Succinct Basic Policy Rule Components (LSBPRC) provides
model extensions to the Policy Core Information Model (PCIM) and
implementable extensions to the Policy Core LDAP Schema (PCLS) in
which the logic of conditions and actions can be succinctly expressed
and explicitly interpreted. LSBPRC offers a direct and invariant
connection between the rule designer's intention and the rule
interpreter's evaluation of the rulebase.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bartz-lsb-policy-rule-components-0
0.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-bartz-lsb-policy-rule-components-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE
/internet-drafts/draft-bartz-lsb-policy-rule-components-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "Larry S. Bartz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 11:47:26 -0500

Thanks, Mircea. I will address these issues in my "01" version
of the draft, which I expect to publish within a month.

Larry

> applicability statements and examples would be very helpful.

I attempted to indicate that Expert Systems serves as a model
of "best practices" for LSBPRC, while at the same time asserting
that Expert Systems are not necessarily the omly target for
implementation and use of the model. I'll try a a little harder
to make those points more obvious in "01".

> model. A list and diagram(s) of the new classes and attributes would be 

Yes, you're right, absolutely. I intend to include UML-like schematics
and objectclass inheritance diagrams similar to those of the PCIM
and PCLS documents.

> hierarchies and the model-schema mapping.

As above.

> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bartz-lsb-policy-rule-components-00.txt 
> 
> 

_______________________________________________
Policy mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/policy