Subject: [Policy] For the record: Changes in PCELS-04

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 08:40:32 -0600

The following section was included in the previous revision of PCELS but it
has been removed in the current (-05) revision. For the record, these are
the changes in PCELS-04 since PCELS-03:

Changes since -03

   1. This revision does not deprecate schema items defined in PCLS.
   The "Abstract" of this document has been modified accordingly.
 
   2. To make them easily distinguishable from the object classes and
   attributes defined in PCLS, the schema items defined in this document
   are now prefixed "pcels" instead of "pcim".
   
   3. In previous versions of this document the pcimPolicyGroup object
   class (initially defined by PCLS) was redefined as a subclass of
   pcimPolicySet (now pcelsPolicySet). This modification has been
   abandoned.
   
   4. Added note on PolicyGroup representation as pcelsRule or
   pcelsPolicySet.
   
   5. Abandoned deprecation of pcimRepository and modified
   pcelsReusableContainer to subclass pcimRepository.
   
   6. Added general considerations in the opening of the schema
   definitions (section 5).
   
   7. Added text to clarify which attributes defined in PCLS are also
   used in object classes defined here.
   
   8. Instead of deprecating pcimRuleConditionAssociation and replacing
   it with pcelsConditionAssociation, the latter object class has been
   modified, so that is now a subclass of pcimRuleConditionAssociation
   which is no longer deprecated.
   
   9. Instead of deprecating pcimRuleActionAssociation and replacing it
   with pcelsActionAssociation, the latter object class has been
   modified, so that is now a subclass of pcimRuleActionAssociation
   which is no longer deprecated.
   
   10. The class pcimRule and its subclasses defined by PCLS are no
   longer deprecated. A note has been added to clarify the issue
   regarding the functionality replacement for compatibility with
   PCIM_EXT.

   11. The pcimGroupContainmentAuxClass and pcimRuleContainmentAuxClass
   object classes defined by PCLS are no longer deprecated. A note has
   been added to clarify the issue regarding the functionality
   replacement for compatibility with PCIM_EXT.

   12. Added text to explicitly describe the use of
   pcelsPolicySetAssociation for the realization of the
   PolicySetInSystem association. This was unclear in previous
   revisions.

   13. Revised "Summary of changes since PCLS" in accordance with the
   changes listed above.

   14. Revised security considerations.

   15. Updated normative and informative references.

   16. Added section to explain impact on PCLS implementations.

   17. Added note on OID assignment status. (before section 1).

   18. For compliance with NITS, the abstract does not use citations.

   19. Added text to indicate valid and default attribute values where
   applicable.