Subject: [Policy] Changes in PCELS-05

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 18:36:34 -0600

Changes since -04

   1. Added text to describe LDAP semantics for each class/attribute
   in sections 5.x.
   
   2. Added text to describe class/attribute restrictions (where
   applicable) in section 5.x.
 
   3. Revised Note 3 (on attribute matching rules) and Note 5 (on
   attribute constraints) in Section 5.
   
   4. Added text to indicate what default attribute values (where
   applicable) in section 5.x.
   
   5. Removed default value from pcelsPriority. A default value is not
   necessary since this attribute is only used as a MUST in
   pcelsPolicySetAssociation.
   
   6. The term "list" referring to LDAP attribute values is replaced by
   the term "set" or "unordered set". The new term is a better choice
   for LDAP multi-value attributes (that are not ordered). Also added:
   "No order is implied." to the attribute type description.
   
   7. Moved RFC2119 reference to Normative References.
   
   8. Added Acknowledgements section.
   
   9. Added pcimRepository subclasses that were missing from the class
   hierarchy in section 3.
   
   10. pcelsImplicitVariableAuxClass MAY pcelsExpectedValueTypes
   (was MUST).
   
   11. PCLS is now RFC3703. This document has been edited accordingly.
   
   12. Added Policy Group classes.
   
   13. Revised "Abstract" to include actual names of referenced
   documents.
   
   14. Revised "1. Introduction". Added paragraph on new classes
   not covered by RFC 3460. 

   15. Revised section "2. Relationship to other Policy Framework
   Documents".
   
   16. Revised text in section "3. Inheritance Hierarchy for PCELS"
   to indicate the source of these classes.
   
   17. Added caption to figures and tables.
   
   18. Renamed classes:
   pcelsFilterEntry renamed pcelsFilterEntryBase
   pcelsIPHeaders renamed pcelsIPHeadersFilter
   pcels8021Headers renamed pcels8021Filter
   pcelsCompoundFilterAuxClass renamed
               pcelsCompoundFilterConditionAuxClass
               
   19. Revised section 4. paragraph 1. 

   20. Revised section 4.1. paragraph 1 and 2. 
   
   21. At the end of section 5.1 added note on ordering/sorting
   PolicySet components.
   
   22. Revised notes regarding compatibility with PCIM_EXT at the end
   of sections 5.3 (PolicyGroup), 5.4 (PolicyRule) and 5.18
   (ReusableContainer). Removed note on
   compatibility with PCIM_EXT from Section 5.1 (pcelsPolicySet).
   
   23. Revised paragraphs referring to the precedence of the aux class
   attachment over DN the reference in sections describing
   pcelsPolicySetAsociation, pcelsConditionAssociation,
   pcelsActionAssociation, pcelsSimpleConditionAuxClass and
   pcelsSimpleActionAuxClass.

   24. Section 5.4 (pcelsRule) removed paragraph 2 regarding
   Condition/Action associations. Added replacement text in sections
   describing pcelsCompoundConditionAuxClass and
   pcelsCompoundActionAuxClass.
   
   25. In sections 5.x that describe pcelsPolicySetAssociation,
   pcelsRule, pcelsConditionAssociation, pcelsActionAssociation,
   pcelsSimpleConditionAuxClass and pcelsSimpleActionAuxClass,
   the paragraph(s) indicating cases when certain attributes must be
   ignored, have been revised.
   
   26. Note 6 on "instances of <abstract_class>" has been added in
   section 5.
   
   27. Assigned all necessary numbers under IANA-ASSIGNED-OID