Subject: New revision of MPPE draft

From: "Glen Zorn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 21:03:17 -0800

A new revision of the MPPE internet-Draft is available.  The URL is:

ftp://pinky.microsoft.com/pub/internet-drafts/pppext/draft-ietf-mppe-01.txt

Some diagrammatic errors have been corrected and the section on
synchronization has been clarified (I think!).  If you plan to offer
comments at the L.A. meeting, please direct them to this (or a later)
version of the memo.  Thanks!

---

From: Richard Shea <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 09:57:36 -0500

> version of the memo.  Thanks!

Glen,

I have come across what seems like an operational stumbling block.  I
did a test changing my CCP to request historyless mode (using the
mppe-01 H bit, not the mppe-00 H bit) and my NT4.0 build 1381 (no
service pack) machine config-ack'ed it.  So, if old implementations will
config-ack the new option, how do you differentiate between an
implementation that will support historyless and an old implementation
which in effect is "saying" it will but won't (unless NT4.0 has always
had this support, which I doubt)?

Richard.

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
Richard Shea                                  [email-masked]
Bay Networks, Extranet Access                     978-266-1011 x210