Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pppext-eapkea-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 1997 10:05:21 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Point-to-Point Protocol Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: PPP EAP KEA Public Key Authentication Protocol
	Author(s)	: P. Yee, J. Zmuda, W. Nace
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pppext-eapkea-01.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 03-Dec-97
	
        The Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP) [1] provides a standard method
        for transporting multi-protocol datagrams over point-to-point
        links
 
        PPP also defines an extensible Link Control Protocol, which
        allows negotiation of an Authentication Protocol for
        authentication of its peer before allowing Network Layer
        protocols to transmit over the link.

        PPP Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) [2] provides for a
        number of authentication mechanisms.  This document specifies
        yet another authentication mechanism that may be used within the
        EAP framework. This document defines the KEA Public Key
        Authentication Protocol within PPP EAP.  A side effect of KEA
        public key authentication is the creation of a session key for
        encryption of data on the PPP link.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pppext-eapkea-01.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pppext-eapkea-01.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pppext-eapkea-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.