Subject: Re: PPP Triple-DES Encryption Protocol (3DESE) to Proposed Standard

From: [email-masked] (Jeffrey Burgan)
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 22:29:03 -0800

At 02:43 PM 12/3/97 -0800, Karl Fox wrote...
>Jeff and Thomas,
>
>The PPPEXT Working Group recommends that The PPP Triple-DES
Encryption
>Protocol (3DESE), draft-ietf-pppext-3des-encrypt-00.txt, be advanced
>to Informational Standard.
>-- 
>Karl Fox, servant of God, employee of Ascend Communications
>655 Metro Place South, Suite 370, Dublin, Ohio  43017   +1 614 760
4041

Karl,

I just noticed a discrepency above. The text says it should go to
Informational. The subject says PS. It's on the IESG agenda on Thursday
for Informational. Which is it?

Thanks,
Jeff

---

From: Karl Fox <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 05:08:31 -0800

I am so sorry--it was a cut and paste error.

It should be Informational, just like
draft-ietf-pppext-des-encrypt-v2-01.txt, which replaces RFC1969, which
is also Informational.

-- 
Karl Fox, servant of God, employee of Ascend Communications
655 Metro Place South, Suite 370, Dublin, Ohio  43017   +1 614 760 4041