Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pppext-l2tp-mpls-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 09:49:08 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Point-to-Point Protocol Extensions Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: Layer Two Tunneling Protocol ''L2TP'' 
                          Multi-Protocol Label Switching Extension
	Author(s)	: K. Peirce, P. Calhoun
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pppext-l2tp-mpls-01.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 29-Jul-98
	
   The L2TP document [1] defines the base protocol which describes the
   method of tunneling PPP [2] data. The L2TP base protocol does not
   address any MPLS extensions.
 
   The goal of MPLS is to speed forwarding of packets by reducing the
   lookup required in routing. This draft proposes a method to allow
   L2TP Data Sessions to be assigned a Multi-Protocol Label.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pppext-l2tp-mpls-01.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pppext-l2tp-mpls-01.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pppext-l2tp-mpls-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.