Subject: Layer Two Tunneling Protocol 'L2TP' - Working Group Last Call

From: Karl Fox <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 07:49:50 -0800

This is last call.  I will advise the area directors that we want to
take L2TP (draft-ietf-pppext-l2tp-09.txt) to Proposed Standard on
Monday February 2, 1998 unless there is substantive comment raised on
either of the [email-masked] or [email-masked] mailing lists.
-- 
Karl Fox, servant of God, employee of Ascend Communications
655 Metro Place South, Suite 370, Dublin, Ohio  43017   +1 614 760 4041

---

From: Philip Rakity <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 10:11:04 -0800 (PST)

Karl,

I am against doing this.  We should wait until the interoperability
testing at the end of February.  

We have asked on the mailing list if we can test with folks and have
received no offers.  I also telephoned the CISCO folks to see if they
wanted to test, but the answer was that they were not ready.

I believe that until testing is done, it is inappropriate to move L2TP
forward.

regards,

Philip Rakity
FlowPoint