Subject: Last Call: IP Version 6 over PPP to Proposed Standard

From: Chuck Lindsay <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 1998 11:55:02 -0500

Hi.

I saw Karl Fox's appeal for comments on this draft, and I have only a
single, small editorial suggestion:

One of the attributes of configuration options, as described in RFC
1661 (Ss 6), is whether they may be listed more than once in a single
configuration request, and, if so, what the consequences are. While
this has not been a common practice when describing NCPs, I believe
the inclusion of a simple statement addressing the issue for the two
options defined in this document would improve comprehension and
interoperability.  I don't believe this is in violation of the
prohibition of "redundant text describing how to negotiate options".

Thanks.

-- 
Charles C. Lindsay              BlazeNet, Inc           508-370-4343 x147
[email-masked]   1671 Worcester Road, Suite 300  508-370-4344 FAX
                             Framingham, MA 01701

---

From: [email-masked] (Ed Allen)
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 17:24:05 -0500

Charles,

	Thanks for your comment.

	We'll put this clarification in the draft.

	- Ed

>>>>> Chuck Lindsay <[email-masked]> writes:

CL> Hi.

CL> I saw Karl Fox's appeal for comments on this draft, and I have only a
CL> single, small editorial suggestion:

CL> One of the attributes of configuration options, as described in RFC
CL> 1661 (Ss 6), is whether they may be listed more than once in a single
CL> configuration request, and, if so, what the consequences are. While
CL> this has not been a common practice when describing NCPs, I believe
CL> the inclusion of a simple statement addressing the issue for the two
CL> options defined in this document would improve comprehension and
CL> interoperability.  I don't believe this is in violation of the
CL> prohibition of "redundant text describing how to negotiate options".

CL> Thanks.

CL> -- 
CL> Charles C. Lindsay              BlazeNet, Inc           508-370-4343 x147
CL> [email-masked]   1671 Worcester Road, Suite 300  508-370-4344 FAX
CL>                              Framingham, MA 01701