Subject: Re: The PPP DES Encryption Protocol, Version 2 (DESE-bis) to Proposed Standard

From: "Eric L. Michelsen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 15:48:51 -0800

At 03:36 PM 1/23/98 -0800, Karl Fox wrote:
>Jeff and Thomas,
>
>The PPPEXT Working Group recommends that DESE,
>draft-ietf-pppext-des-encrypt-v2-01.txt, be advanced to Proposed
>Standard.

Many things seem to jump right to Proposed Standard, without going through
Draft Standard.  Am I behind on my procedures?
--
Eric L. Michelsen, Copper Mountain Networks, Inc.

---

From: [email-masked] (Jeffrey Burgan)
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 16:16:31 -0800

Eric,

> Draft Standard.  Am I behind on my procedures?

Proposed Standard is the first step on the standards track. Then comes
Draft. Then it becomes a Standard. For more information, you can refer
to RFC 2026.

Jeff