Subject: PPP LCP Extensions to Draft Standard

From: Karl Fox <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 13:08:23 -0800

Jeff and Tom,

The PPPEXT Working Group recommends that the current PPP LCP
Extensions Internet Draft, draft-ietf-pppext-lcpext-ds-02.txt, be
advanced to Draft Standard.

Interoperability Experience
---------------------------
This draft covers two PPP options, the LCP Identification option, and
the LCP Time-Remaining option.  Neither option has any suboptions.
Responding vendors include SCO, Compuserve, IBM, and Funk Software.
Shiva did not respond but was observed to work properly by multiple
respondants.

LCP Identification
------------------
SCO, Compuserve, IBM, Funk Software, and Shiva send this option.  No
particular response is required (other than not crashing) for
interoperability.

LCP Time-Remaining
------------------
IBM, Funk Software, and Shiva send this option.  No particular
response is required (other than not crashing) for interoperability.
-- 
Karl Fox, servant of God, employee of Ascend Communications
655 Metro Place South, Suite 370, Dublin, Ohio  43017   +1 614 760 4041