Subject: draft-ietf-pppext-aal5-05.txt

From: William Stoye <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 13:57:26 +-100

Hi, 

Ref section 7 para 2, for SVC establishment of a VC-multiplexed PPP connection,
here's MY reading of what the BLLI should actually be:

ref UNI 3.1 p213, the BLLI definition table:

  octet group 7:

             0 11 01011         (extend; layer 3; TR9577)

  octet group 7a,7b (IPI indicator, Note 5):

             0 1100 111         (extend; 0xCF top 7 bits)

             1 1 000000         (noextend; 0xCF bottom bit; reserved)

 From these we determine:

#define PPP_BLLI        "\x6b\x67\xc0"
#define PPP_BLLI_LEN    3

Does anyone disagree with this?
I'd much rather agree this here than in the heat of some interop event...

I don't believe there are any differences between UNI 3.0, UNI 3.1, Q.2931,
IISP, UNI 4, PNNI 1.0 on this one (phew!). Does anyone know any different?
Is this also true of the BLLI negotiation required?

--William Stoye, Virata Limited.

---

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 13:59:25 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Bill!  Long time no see ....

My reading agrees with yours.  I'm using p. 364 of UNI 3.1 as my
reference, replacing 0xCC for IP with 0xCF for PPP.

Cheers,
Andy
-------

> --William Stoye, Virata Limited.

________________________________________________________________________
Andrew G. Malis  [email-masked]  phone:978 952-7414   fax:978 392-1484
Ascend Communications, Inc.        1 Robbins Road     Westford, MA 01886