Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pppext-sdl-pol-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 08:49:58 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Point-to-Point Protocol Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: PPP over Simple Data Link (SDL)
                          using raw lightwave channels with ATM-like framing
	Author(s)	: J. Carlson, E. Hernandez-Valencia, N. Jones, 
                          P. Langner
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pppext-sdl-pol-00.txt
	Pages		: 25
	Date		: 29-Jun-99
	
The Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP) in RFC-1661 [1] provides a standard
method for  transporting multi-protocol datagrams over point-to-point
links, and RFCs 1662 [2] and 1619 [3] provide a means to carry PPP
over Synchronous Optical Network (SONET) [5] and Synchronous Digital
Hierarchy (SDH) [6] circuits. PPP over Simple Data Link (SDL) using
SONET/SDH with ATM-like framing (PPPEXT WG work in Progress) extended
these standards to include a new encapsulation for PPP called Simple
Data Link (SDL) [8]. This document extends the use of SDL over raw
lightwave channels  without an intervening SONET/SDH layer, which are
also referred to as 'dark fiber' or Packet-over-Lightwave' (POL)
links

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pppext-sdl-pol-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pppext-sdl-pol-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pppext-sdl-pol-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.