Subject: [Pppext] RFC 4638 on Accommodating a Maximum Transit Unit/Maximum Receive Unit (MTU/MRU) Greater Than 1492 in the Point-to-Point Protocol over Ethernet (PPPoE)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 14:12:22 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4638

        Title:      Accommodating a Maximum Transit Unit/Maximum 
                    Receive Unit (MTU/MRU) Greater Than 1492 
                    in the Point-to-Point Protocol over Ethernet 
                    (PPPoE) 
        Author:     P. Arberg, D. Kourkouzelis,
                    M. Duckett, T. Anschutz,
                    J. Moisand
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       September 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 18984
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-arberg-pppoe-mtu-gt1492-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4638.txt

The Point-to-Point Protocol over Ethernet (PPPoE), as described in RFC
2516, mandates a maximum negotiated Maximum Receive Unit (MRU) of
1492.  This document outlines a solution that relaxes this restriction and
allows a maximum negotiated MRU greater than 1492 to minimize
fragmentation in next-generation broadband networks.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Point-to-Point Protocol Extensions
Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
Pppext mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pppext