Subject: Soliciting comments/input on draft-ietf-ppvpn-generic-reqts-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 14:23:06 -0600

All,
As discussed during the PPVPN meeting in Atlanta last week, I have 
re-submitted draft-nagarajan-ppvpn-generic-reqts-01.txt as a WG 
document (draft-ietf-ppvpn-generic-reqts-00.txt).  This version has a 
few minor changes from draft-nagarajan-...-01.

These include:
- The taxonomy picture and the wording in that section have been fixed 
so that the context is generic (without specifying specific solutions).
- Typos have been fixed
- Wording changes have  been made in accordance with feedback received 
prior to the meeting.

As mentioned during the PPVPN meeting, the authors would like to 
finalize this document by the end of the year and therefore, we request 
input on the draft.  Specifically, input is sought on the contents of 
the scalability section (section 5.1.1 and 5.1.2).  It should be noted 
that the scalability parameters and numbers used in this draft are 
merely to provoke discussion, and are based on the operational 
experiences of a few representatives of the co-authors list.  These 
numbers are not carved in stone by any means, and I therefore request 
some discussion on this topic on the list.

I would also like to request comments on Section 4.2 (Stability), in 
terms of a good working description of stability and the generic 
requirements associated with it.

The authors hope to consolidate the comments received and have another 
revision of this draft in the second week of December (targetting 
December 10), which we hope would be close to final.

Thanks,
Ananth