Subject: Status of current PPVPN WG drafts and updated milestones

From: "Marco Carugi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 22:26:08 +0100

All,
before our Atlanta meeting, 
here is an overview of the status of the current PPVPN WG drafts. 
Updated PPVPN  milestones follow (sent this week, I don't  know if  they
will be uploaded on the PPVPN page before the meeting or not).  

Marco 

1) Status of PPVPN WG drafts 
 
Under WG discussion to be moved into the WG (Atlanta)
draft-nagarajan-ppvpn-generic-reqts-01.txt 
draft-ppvpn-l2vpn-requirements-01.txt (will supercede
draft-ietf-ppvpn-vpls-requirements-01.txt)
draft-luciani-ppvpn-vpn-discovery-03.txt

Other IDs to be moved into the WG (soon after Atlanta) 
draft-andersson-ppvpn-terminology-02.txt
draft-andersson-ppvpn-metrics-01.txt

Awaiting updates from authors
draft-ietf-ppvpn-vpn-vr-03.txt  
draft-ietf-ppvpn-ce-based-02.txt  (to solution document)
draft-declercq-ppvpn-ce-based-as-01 (planned WG doc status conditional to
draft-ietf-ppvpn-ce-based)
draft-rosen-vpns-ospf-bgp-mpls-05.txt +
daft-rosen-ppvpn-ospf2547-area0-01.txt (recent input from OSPF chairs)  
draft-ietf-ppvpn-gre-ip-2547-01.txt(not on PPVPN page) (pending status with
MPLS  WG)
draft-ietf-ppvpn-l2vpn-framework-01.txt
draft-ietf-ppvpn-applicability-guidelines-00.txt

Updated from authors
draft-ietf-ppvpn-as-vr-01.txt
draft-ietf-ppvpn-bgp-ipv6-vpn-03.txt
draft-ietf-ppvpn-l3vpn-auth-01.txt 
draft-ietf-ppvpn-rfc2547bis-03.txt
draft-ietf-ppvpn-ipsec-2547-02.txt
draft-ietf-ppvpn-vpls-requirements-01.txt (but will be superceded )

Under WG Last Call (authors' request for BCP RFC)
draft-ietf-ppvpn-cl-tunneling-vpn-00.txt

Under IESG review for Info RFC (they  are now back to IESG after update from
authors according to first round of IESG comments)
draft-ietf-ppvpn-requirements-05.txt 
draft-ietf-ppvpn-framework-06.txt

WG Last Call some time after Atlanta (end 2003 ?)
WG ID  from draft-nagarajan-ppvpn-generic-reqts-01.txt  (Info RFC)
Conditional to IESG approval of draft-ietf-ppvpn-requirements-05.txt and
draft-ietf-ppvpn-framework-06.txt : 
draft-ietf-ppvpn-rfc2547bis-03.txt *
draft-ietf-ppvpn-vpn-vr-0x.txt * 

* Intention is to solve in  parallel all the necessary protocol dependencies
with other WGs (dependencies described in
draft-rosen-ppvpn-2547bis-protocol-01.txt and
draft-knight-ppvpn-vr-protocol-00.txt), before effective submission to IESG.

WG Last Call will follow in reasonable timing for :
- other 2547-based solution documents
- draft-ietf-ppvpn-as2547-00.txt  
- draft-ietf-ppvpn-as-vr-01.txt  

MIBs
draft-ietf-ppvpn-mpls-vpn-mib-05.txt 
draft-ietf-ppvpn-vr-mib-03
draft-ietf-ppvpn-tc-mib-02
To be progressed in reasonable timing after progress of related solution
documents.   

2) Updated PPVPN Milestones

DONE 
NOV 02	  	Submit the layer 3 requirement and the  layer 3 framework
documents to the IESG for consideration as Informational RFCs.

NOT DONE 
DEC 02	  	Begin submission of the candidate L3 approaches and related
applicability statements to IESG publication 
JAN 03	  	Submit the layer 2 requirement and the layer 2 framework
documents to the IESG for consideration as Informational RFCs  
APR 03	  	Begin submission of the candidate L2 approaches and related
applicability statements to IESG for publication 
NOV 03	  	Charter update or WG disband

---

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 16:40:28 -0500

I apologize to the authors, but I simply can not see how this document 
warrants publication as either a BCP or a Proposed Standard.

Yours,
Joel M. Halpern