Subject: Request for Speaking Slot, draft-behringer-mpls-vpn-auth-00.txt

From: "Michael H. Behringer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 16:17:54 +0100

Marco, Rick,

We have published a draft about an authentication scheme for MPLS/VPN, 
which is similar to draft-ietf-ppvpn-l3vpn-auth-00.txt, but does not 
require changes to the CE. If you consider this work of interest for this 
WG, it would be nice to get a speaking slot in Atlanta.

Thanks,
Michael

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

         Title           : MPLS VPN Authentication
         Author(s)       : M. Behringer, J. Guichard
         Filename        : draft-behringer-mpls-vpn-auth-00.txt
         Pages           : 6
         Date            : 2002-10-31

Authentication in current MPLS/VPN networks [RFC2547] is based on
routing authentication between CE-PE, PE-PE and again PE-CE, which
authenticates the routing peer and verifies the integrity of routing
updates from that peer. This does not provide CE-CE authentication.
Here we propose a CE-CE authentication scheme that combines the three
separate steps above and protects against misconfiguration of the PE
routers by the Service Provider on the MPLS network. The proposed
changes affect only the PE routers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-behringer-mpls-vpn-auth-00.txt