Subject: [precis] draft slides for precis mappings

From: Yoshiro YONEYA <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 10:47:17 +0900

Dear all,

[as an individual]

I put draft slides for mappings on the following:
<http://dnslab.jp/~yone/precis-mappings-00.pdf>

Your comments are welcome prior and during Taipei meeting :-)

Regards,

-- 
Yoshiro YONEYA <[email-masked]>

---

From: Marc Blanchet <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 21:25:05 -0500

- thanks Yoneya-san.
- uploaded to IETF proceedings page: http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/82/slides/precis-1.pdf

Marc.

Le 2011-11-10 à 20:47, Yoshiro YONEYA a écrit :

> _______________________________________________
> precis mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/precis

---

From: "Martin J. Dürst" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 10:17:09 +0900

I have looked at the draft, and the slides.

I'd expect mappings for NFC and NFKC. I'd also think that it might be a 
good idea to look at partial NFKC mappings, based on the labels that the 
UnicodeData.txt file contains. The width mapping that's proposed on the 
slides could be subsumed as a partial NFKC mapping.

As for case mapping, there may be a need for more than one. As we have 
learned with quite some pain with IDNA 2003 and IDNA 2008, there's quite 
a difference between the case mapping that's best for searching (map 
final sigma to sigma, German sz to ss,...) and the mapping that's best 
for identifiers (don't include the above).

Regards,    Martin.

On 2011/11/11 11:25, Marc Blanchet wrote:
>> Yoshiro YONEYA<[email-masked]>
>>