Subject: [precis] IETF87 Berlin draft agenda

From: Yoshiro YONEYA <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 16:12:37 +0900

Dear all,

Following is draft agenda for IETF 87 Berlin.
Please send comments/additions/changes to the chairs.

1. Administrativia

2. Document updates / Discussion
  2.1 WG I-Ds
    (1) Framework
      https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-precis-framework/

    (2) Preparation and Comparison of Nicknames
      https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-precis-nickname/

    (3) Mapping characters for precis classes
      http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-precis-mappings/

    (4) Preparation and Comparison of Internationalized Strings Representing 
        Simple User Names and Passwords
      http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-precis-saslprepbis/

  2.2 Individual Documents
    (1) HTTPAuthPrep: PRECIS profile for HTTP Authentication
      https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-oiwa-precis-httpauthprep/

3. Next steps

Marc & Yoneya, co-chairs

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 20:49:44 -0600

Thanks for the draft agenda. A bit of feedback inline...

>       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-precis-framework/

I can give an update on that spec and ask if people disagree with the
(IMHO relatively small) changes between -08 and -09.

>       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-precis-nickname/

As far as I know, this is done -- we completed WGLC last year and it
needs to undergo IETF Last Call.

>       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-oiwa-precis-httpauthprep/

As I mentioned on the list, I think that we don't need an httpauthprep
profile, since saslprepbis probably solves the problem for HTTP auth.
But that would be a useful discussion to have in person.

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: Yutaka OIWA <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 12:57:57 +0900

Dear Peter,

> But that would be a useful discussion to have in person.

I agreed that there should be a unified profile for simple HTTP/Web related
preparation in hand, however, at the same time, I think that
application of precis framework for HTTP authentication still need some
special mentions/discussions.
That part is apart from the precis-based translation rules itself.

I do not know what type of document (Standard Track/Informational),
which group (precis/httpauth/httpbis/appsopen/whatever) will be
appropriate, so at this time I'm going to describe in precis what we thought
on writing httpauth, and hoping to get a straight discussions and suggestions
how these rest things are to be arranged well.

--
Yutaka OIWA, Ph.D.                 Leader, System Life-cycle Research Group
                               Research Institute for Secure Systems (RISEC)
     National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST)
                       Mail addresses: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
OpenPGP: id[440546B5] fp[7C9F 723A 7559 3246 229D  3139 8677 9BD2 4405 46B5]