Subject: [precis] Fwd: [Json] I-JSON Topic #3: Unicode

From: Matt Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 14:23:19 -0600

I realize this is mostly off-topic for this WG, but I also think
there's a good chance to solicit UNICODE expertise here.

The JSON WG is working on restricted profile of JSON ([I-JSON]), and
one of the restrictions are on what is acceptable Unicode.  What was
acceptable in RFC 7159 (as well as RFC 4627, ECMA 262, and ECMA 404)
is frankly atrocious, but could not be completely fixed in those
documents for a myriad of reasons.  The intent of I-JSON is to tell
its users "don't do that".

We would really appreciate if someone here can read through
draft-bray-i-json-01 § 2.1. and help us make it as correct as we can.

The relevant discussion starts with <
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/json/current/msg02782.html > on
the mailing list "[email-masked]".

Thank you in advance,

- -- 
- - m&m

Matt Miller < [email-masked] >
Cisco Systems, Inc.

[I-JSON] "The I-JSON Message Format" <
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bray-i-json >

- -------- Original Message --------
Subject: [Json] I-JSON Topic #3: Unicode
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 13:55:19 -0600
From: Matt Miller <[email-masked]>
To: IETF JSON WG <[email-masked]>

"draft-i-json-01 excludes the use of, and I quote, 'Surrogates or
Noncharacters'.   Is that the right use of Unicode nomenclature?  This
really matters and I think it?s OK now, but first-class Unicode
lawyering is required here."

If you have suggestions for better text -- or if you believe the
current text is adequate -- please respond to this thread with your
suggestions or reasoning.

_______________________________________________
json mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/json