Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> IEEE-ISTO PWG 5100.3-2001 IPP Production Printing Attributes - Se t1 standard - downloaded

From: "Hastings, Tom N" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 15:28:15 -0800

The IEEE-ISTO PWG 5100.3-2001 Internet Printing Protocol (IPP) Production 
Printing Attributes - Set1 standard, dated February 12, 2001, has
been approved as a PWG "Draft" standard.  

A PWG Draft standard has achieved the same level of progress
on the PWG standards track as an IETF Proposed standard has on the IETF
standards track.

This PWG Draft Standard is available at:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/standards/pwg5100.3.pdf
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/standards/pwg5100.3.doc
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/standards/pwg5100.3.rtf

All approved PWG standards will be put in this same directory.  The PWG
section of the IPP web page will be updated to point to this PWG standard.

I've also copied them, along with the versions that show the editorial
revisions ("-rev"), to their usual place as well:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_PPE/pwg5100.3.pdf
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_PPE/pwg5100.3.doc
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_PPE/pwg5100.3.rtf
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_PPE/pwg5100.3-rev.pdf
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_PPE/pwg5100.3-rev.doc

Here is the abstract:

Abstract

This document specifies an extension to the Internet Printing Protocol/1.0
(IPP) [RFC2565, RFC2566] and IPP/1.1 [RFC2910, RFC2911].  This extension
consists primarily of Job Template attributes defined for submitting print
jobs primarily (but not limited to) to production printers.  These
attributes permit a user to control and/or override instructions in the
document content to perform the following functions:  print on document
covers, control the positioning of stapling, force pages to the front side
of the media, identify an imposition template, insert sheets into the
document, provide an accounting id, provide an accounting user id, request
accounting sheets, provide job sheet messages, request error sheets, provide
a message to the operator, control the media used for job sheets, request
media by characteristic (size, weight, etc.), request to check the media
characteristics in an input tray, specify the presentation direction of page
images with number-up, and shift the images of finished pages.  

This extension also defines the "current-page-order" Job Description
attribute, the "user-defined-values-supported" and
"max-stitching-locations-supported" Printer Description attributes, and the
'resources-are-not-supported' value for the "job-state-reasons" Job
Description attribute.  Some additional "media" keyword values are defined
for use with the "media" and "media-col" Job Template attributes.

This document is an IEEE-ISTO PWG Draft Standard.  For a definition of a
"PWG Draft Standard", see:
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/general/pwg-process.pdf.

This document is available from:
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/standards/pwg5100.3.pdf, .doc, .rtf

If you have comments or questions about this document, send them to
[email-masked] or [email-masked], rather than as a reply to this message
([email-masked]).  The [email-masked] DL is for announcements
only.

Thanks,
Tom Hastings