Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> IEEE-ISTO PWG 5100.2-2001 IPP "output-bin" attribute extension - downloaded

From: "Hastings, Tom N" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 09:34:45 -0800

The IEEE-ISTO PWG 5100.2-2001 Internet Printing Protocol (IPP) "output-bin"
attribute extension standard, dated February 7, 2001, has been approved as a
PWG Draft standard.  

According to the PWG process document a PWG Draft standard has achieved the
same level of progress on the PWG standards track as an IETF Proposed
standard has on the IETF standards track.

This PWG Draft Standard is available at:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/standards/pwg5100.2.pdf
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/standards/pwg5100.2.doc
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/standards/pwg5100.2.rtf

All approved PWG standards will be put in this same directory.  The PWG
section of the IPP web page will be updated to point to this PWG standard.

I've also copied them, along with the versions that show the editorial
revisions ("-rev"), to their usual place as well:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_ATT/pwg5100.2.pdf
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_ATT/pwg5100.2.doc
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_ATT/pwg5100.2.rtf
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_ATT/pwg5100.2-rev.pdf
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_ATT/pwg5100.2-rev.doc

Here is the abstract:

Abstract
		This document defines an extension to the Internet Printing
Protocol/1.0 (IPP/1.0) [RFC2566, RFC2565] & IPP/1.1 [RFC2911, RFC2910] for
the OPTIONAL "output-bin" (type2 keyword | name(MAX)) Job Template
attribute.  This attribute allows the client to specify in which output bin
a job is to be placed and to query the Printer's default and supported
output bins.  

This document is an IEEE-ISTO PWG Draft standard.  For a definition of a
"PWG Draft Standard", see:
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/general/pwg-process.pdf
This document is available from:
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/standards/pwg5100.2.pdf, .doc, .rtf

If you have comments or questions about this document, send them to
[email-masked] or [email-masked], rather than as a reply to this message
([email-masked]).  The [email-masked] DL is for announcements
only.

Thanks,
Tom Hastings