Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> LAX to Marriott

From: "Harry Lewis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 10:40:36 -0700

If you recall the free shuttle to the Manhattan Beach Marriott from a 
couple years ago... this have been discontinued. The Marriott is close to 
the airport and suggests Taxi service at approx. $12.00-$16.00

For the (extreme) budget minded I find there is a free shuttle ("G") to 
the metro GREEN line http://www.quickaid.com/airports/lax/ which drops you off within walking distance (depending on size of 
luggage, of course)... if you exit at the 3rd (Douglas/Rosecrans) stop. 
This assumes you manage to get on heading in the right direction ;-). http://www.mta.net/metro_transit/System_Map/Maps/slaclb.pdf. Note - I haven't tried this (yet) so use at your own discretion! 
---------------------------------------------- 
Harry Lewis 
IBM Printing Systems 
----------------------------------------------

---

From: "Wagner,William" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 12:52:41 -0500

Just in case someone misunderstands, I believe that it is the Green Line (going south I would expect) that goes to Douglas/Rosecrans, not the shuttle. That is, one takes the shuttle to the Metro and the Metro to Douglas/Rosecrans, and then walk west, perhaps 1/2 mile, to the Hotel, which is on the left.

William A. Wagner (Bill Wagner)
Director of Technology
Imaging Division
NETsilicon, Inc.
781-398-4588

---

From: "BERKEMA,ALAN C (HP-Roseville,ex1)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 16:12:11 -0500

Here is a map to help with the last part.
Alan Berkema

-----Original Message-----
From: Wagner,William [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2002 9:53 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: PWG-ANNOUNCE> LAX to Marriott

Just in case someone misunderstands, I believe that it is the Green Line
(going south I would expect) that goes to Douglas/Rosecrans, not the
shuttle. That is, one takes the shuttle to the Metro and the Metro to
Douglas/Rosecrans, and then walk west, perhaps 1/2 mile, to the Hotel, which
is on the left.

-----Original Message-----
From: Harry Lewis [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2002 12:41 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> LAX to Marriott

For the (extreme) budget minded I find there is a free shuttle ("G") to 
the metro GREEN line http://www.quickaid.com/airports/lax/ which drops you
off within walking distance (depending on size of 
luggage, of course)... if you exit at the 3rd (Douglas/Rosecrans) stop. 
This assumes you manage to get on heading in the right direction ;-).
http://www.mta.net/metro_transit/System_Map/Maps/slaclb.pdf. Note - I
haven't tried this (yet) so use at your own discretion! 
---------------------------------------------- 
Harry Lewis 
IBM Printing Systems 
----------------------------------------------