Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> Major revision of ICC Specification

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 14:55:47 -0500

All:

Attached is a note I received from Tony Johnson of the International Color
Consortium.  There is a new version of the ICC spec available for public
comment.  Since there may be some PWG members with an interest in this area who
are not involved with the ICC, I have forwarded his note to the group.  The
specification itself is currently available from
http://www.color.org/ICC_Minor_Revision_for_Web.pdf

Enjoy!

**********************************************
* Don Wright                 [email-masked] *
*                                            *
* Member, IEEE SA Standards Board            *
* Member, IEEE-ISTO Board of Directors       *
* [email-masked] / [email-masked]  *
*                                            *
* Director, Alliances & Standards            *
* Lexmark International                      *
* 740 New Circle Rd                          *
* Lexington, Ky 40550                        *
* 859-825-4808 (phone) 603-963-8352 (fax)    *
**********************************************

---------------------- Forwarded by Don Wright/Lex/Lexmark on 01/22/2002 02:52
PM ---------------------------

Tony Johnson <[email-masked]> on 01/22/2002
12:16:16 PM

To:   "Don_Wright/Lex/Lexmark.LEXMARK"@sweeper.lex.lexmark.com
cc:    (bcc: Don Wright/Lex/Lexmark)
Subject:  Major revision of ICC Specification

Dear Mr Wright

I am writing to you as Chair of the Printer Working Group, to let you
know that a major revision of the ICC Profile specification is currently
undergoing public review and will shortly be published.  It will be
found on our web-site - www.color.org.  Please bring this to the
attention of the members of your working group and ensure that any
references you make to our specification in your work are to this
revised specification ICC.1:2001-12.

Attached is pdf document summarising the main changes from previous
versions of the specification.  Please let me know if you need this in
any other format, or require any additional information.

Thank you.

Tony Johnson
ICC Technical Secretary

--
Professor Tony Johnson
London College of Printing, Elephant & Castle, London, SE1 6SB
Phone: 020 7514 6759, Fax: 020 7514 6772, e-mail [email-masked]
Home address: 7 High Street, Cheddington, Leighton Buzzard, Beds, LU7 0RG
Phone 01296 661342/660100, Fax: 01296 660100, e-mail [email-masked]
(For phone and fax from outside the UK the country code is 44 and the leading 0
is omitted)

---

From: "Hastings, Tom N" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 17:22:01 -0800

Don,

I went to the www.color.org web site as Tony suggested and got the following
Major Revision to the ICC Spec:

http://www.color.org/upload/ICC_Final_Major_Revision_Nov29_2001.pdf
(ICC.1:2001-12 File Format for Color Profiles) (127 pages) which says it is
a revision of ICC.1:2001-04)

The URL you cited below is for a different document (102 pages), though it
has the same top level sections and appears to be an earlier version:
http://www.color.org/ICC_Minor_Revision_for_Web.pdf
(ICC.1:2001-04 File Format for Color Profiles)

Tom

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2002 11:56
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> Major revision of ICC Specification

All:

comment.  Since there may be some PWG members with an interest in this area
who

Enjoy!

---------------------- Forwarded by Don Wright/Lex/Lexmark on 01/22/2002
02:52
PM ---------------------------

Dear Mr Wright

Thank you.

Tony Johnson
ICC Technical Secretary