Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> XHTML-Print Meeting and Mailing List

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 13:26:23 -0500

All:

As you might have noticed, there will be a meeting to begin working on
XHTML-Print at the February PWG meeting in LA.  As such, there are a few bits of
information that should be distributed:

1) There is now a mailing list on pwg.org  for this effort.  It is [email-masked].
To subscribe, send the following to [email-masked]

subscribe xp

As with other PWG mailing lists, you must be a member of the list to post to it.
We'll wait a few days to allow people to subscribe before using the XP mailing
list.

2) The lastest version of the XHTML-Print document is available from
http://www.xhtml-print.org

3) The XHTML-Print meeting will be Wednesday, February 6 right after the PWG
Plenary.  Hope to see you there.

**********************************************
* Don Wright                 [email-masked] *
*                                            *
* Member, IEEE SA Standards Board            *
* Member, IEEE-ISTO Board of Directors       *
* [email-masked] / [email-masked]  *
*                                            *
* Director, Alliances & Standards            *
* Lexmark International                      *
* 740 New Circle Rd                          *
* Lexington, Ky 40550                        *
* 859-825-4808 (phone) 603-963-8352 (fax)    *
**********************************************

---

From: Michael Sweet <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 14:27:39 -0500

On Friday 11 January 2002 01:26 pm, [email-masked] wrote:
> All:
>
> As you might have noticed, there will be a meeting to begin working
> on XHTML-Print at the February PWG meeting in LA.  As such, there are
> a few bits of information that should be distributed:
> ...
> 3) The XHTML-Print meeting will be Wednesday, February 6 right after
> the PWG Plenary.  Hope to see you there.

Don,

Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend, but I just thought I'd
let you know that my company will be developing an open-source
XHTML-Print implementation based on our HTMLDOC software that
will eventually be available as an add-on to CUPS.  The
implementation will initially support conversion to PostScript
for printing, but we plan on doing a rasterizer as well to
support non-PS printers without needing Ghostscript...

We're not sure yet if we'll be hosting the project on SourceForge
or on our own servers, but I'll make an announcement to the mailing
list as soon as I have the details and project started up...

-- 
______________________________________________________________________
Michael Sweet, Easy Software Products                  [email-masked]
Printing Software for UNIX                       http://www.easysw.com