Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> ISTO PWG Formal Vote on "XHTML-Print" Charter

From: "Harry Lewis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 09:34:29 -0700

NOTE THIS IS NEW WORKING GROUP CHARTER - SEPARATE FROM THE "PS" CHARTER 
WHICH IS ALSO OUT FOR FORMAL VOTE. EACH CHARTER REQUIRES A SEPARATE VOTE 
FROM YOUR COMPANY!

At the February f2f in L.A., last week, we introduced the topic of a ISTO 
PWG working group for the definition and formalization of a print data 
representation for environments where it is not feasible to load a print 
driver (ex. mobile, handheld devices) and where some variability in 
formatting of the printed output is acceptable. The proposal is based on 
XHTML Basic with the addition of Cascading Style Sheets and is called 
"XHTML-Print".

A formal vote is solicited, via e-mail, regarding formation of this group. 
 Please review the attached charter and send your vote (one vote per 
company) to Cindy Tiritilli, PWG Program Manager ([email-masked]). Please cc: 
Harry Lewis, PWG Chairman ([email-masked]).

The voting period is 10 days running from Wednesday 02/13/2002 to 5pm EST 
Friday 02/22/2002.

For the purposes of this vote a simple majority rules. Abstain will be 
treated as a vote to Approve. 

*****************************************************************
Name: 

PWG Member Company: 

Email: 

Vote for XHTML-Print(Please check one):

______  APPROVE
______  APPROVE with COMMENT (Please insert here)
______  DISAPPROVE with COMMENT (Please insert here)

---------------------------------------------- 
Harry Lewis 
IBM Printing Systems 
----------------------------------------------