Subject: PMP> IANA Charset MIB draft-01 (8 October 2002)

From: "McDonald, Ira" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 16:08:44 -0700

[Many thanks to Michael Sweet for writing a tool 'dfm2html' that 
converts my DocuForm markup to HTML.  And a fine tool 'HTMLDOC' that
converts HTML to PDF and HTML with section numbers and live TOC.
See below for the rich-text versions of the IANA Charset MIB.]

Copies: Printer MIB Working Group <[email-masked]>
        IETF Charsets <[email-masked]>
        Bert Wijnen <[email-masked]>
        Ned Freed <[email-masked]>
        Patrik Faltstrom <[email-masked]>
        Dave Harrington <[email-masked]>
        Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
        Harald Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
        Ron Bergman <[email-masked]>
        Harry Lewis <[email-masked]>
        Ira McDonald <[email-masked]>

Hi folks,                                       Tuesday (8 October 2002)

I've just sent the second version of 'IANA Charset MIB' to the
Internet-Drafts editor and posted a copy on the PWG server in the
directory 'ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/pmp/drafts/' in the files:

    <draft-mcdonald-iana-charset-mib-01.txt> - IETF-style plaintext
    <draft-mcdonald-iana-charset-mib-01.htm> - HTML w/ live TOC
    <draft-mcdonald-iana-charset-mib-01.pdf> - PDF w/ live TOC

This IANA Charset MIB is required for compilation of the Printer MIB v2
<draft-ietf-printmib-mib-info-13.txt>, published separately.

This IANA Charset MIB was developed at the suggestion of Bert Wijnen.

Cheers,
- Ira McDonald (editor of IANA Charset MIB)
  High North Inc
  [email-masked]

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copies: Internet Drafts Editor <[email-masked]>
        Ron Bergman <[email-masked]>
        Harry Lewis <[email-masked]>
        Ira McDonald <[email-masked]>

I-D Editor,                                     Tuesday (8 October 2002)

Please place this document in the Internet-Drafts repository named:

    <draft-mcdonald-iana-charset-mib-01.txt>

It replaces the previous draft named:

    <draft-mcdonald-iana-charset-mib-00.txt>

This document is required for compilation of the Printer MIB v2
<draft-ietf-printmib-mib-info-13.txt>, published separately.

Abstract

   This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB) 
   for use with network management protocols in the Internet community.
   This IANA Charset MIB is [intended to become] an IANA registry.  In
   particular, a single textual convention 'IANACharset' is defined that
   may be used to specify charset labels in MIB objects.  'IANACharset'
   was extracted from Printer MIB v2 (work-in-progress).  'IANACharset'
   was originally defined (and mis-named) as 'CodedCharSet' in Printer
   MIB v1 (RFC 1759).  A tool has been written in C to regenerate this
   IANA Charset MIB, when future charsets are registered by IANA
   according to RFC 2978.  

Thanks very much,
- Ira McDonald (editor of IANA Charset MIB)
  High North Inc
  [email-masked]