Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> PWG 2003 Schedule

From: "Harry Lewis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 17:29:09 -0600

We thought we'd nailed the 2003 schedule several times but there are some 
tweaks.

1. We originally had our December meeting on the week of 12/8/2003 but, in 
the latest minutes it moved to 12/01. Not sure if this is a typo. 
Nonetheless, there are only 3 days between Thanksgiving and 12/01/2003 so 
I recommend we move it back to the original 12/8.

2. We flagged in Santa Fe that our 2003 April date (4/21) is too close to 
Easter (4/20). So we need to move this date. My first suggestion is April 
28 (same location - D.C.). 

3. There is an effort to coordinate, if possible, with the PODi schedule. 
I doubt we could match entirely but it would be nice to try and align at 
least once in the year. March 2 is the most likely target. 

As a reminder, (including changes 1 and 2, above) our 2003 plan would look 
like this.

Jan 20 - Maui
 April 28 - D.C.
 July 14 - Vancouver B.C.
 Oct 6 - N.Y.C.
 Dec 8 - Provo UT (hosted by Novell). 
---------------------------------------------- 
Harry Lewis 
IBM Printing Systems 
----------------------------------------------

---

From: "Carl" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 16:49:53 -0700

Do you guys REALLY want to go to Utah in December? OK if you like skiing in
the dark maybe, but otherwise?

As I have pointed out in earlier correspondance, the first half of December
is the absolutely ideal time for coming to Southern Nevada as it is low
season, but still nice and warm compared to most other parts of the country.
You can get dirt cheap hotel and meeting room prices, food is typically
inexpensive and there are direct, often cheap, flights to the McCarran
airport from almost anywhere in the US.

Carl-Uno
Carl-Uno Manros
10701 S Eastern Ave #1117
Henderson, NV 89052, USA
Tel +1-702-617-9414
Fax +1-702-617-9417
Mob +1-702-525-0727
Email [email-masked]

  -----Original Message-----
  From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On
Behalf Of Harry Lewis
  Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2002 4:29 PM
  To: [email-masked]
  Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> PWG 2003 Schedule

  1. We originally had our December meeting on the week of 12/8/2003 but, in
the latest minutes it moved to 12/01. Not sure if this is a typo.
Nonetheless, there are only 3 days between Thanksgiving and 12/01/2003 so I
recommend we move it back to the original 12/8.

  2. We flagged in Santa Fe that our 2003 April date (4/21) is too close to
Easter (4/20). So we need to move this date. My first suggestion is April 28
(same location - D.C.).

  Jan 20 - Maui
   April 28 - D.C.
   July 14 - Vancouver B.C.
   Oct 6 - N.Y.C.

---

From: "Jay Martin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 19:58:02 -0400

Carl-Uno has a good point.   (If I may toss in my $0.02 worth...  ;-)

I recall our trip to Snowbird (Utah) back in 1993.  An excellent time...but it was during April when there was still light at the end of the day...unlike deep, darkest December.

The biggest win for southern Nevada (ie, Las Vegas, right?) in the off-season is the CHEAP cost of just about everything, from airfare to hotel rooms to food.

Looks like a nice schedule, though.  Should be fun.

    ...jay

PS:  Hi to all my old friends out there!
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Carl 
  To: Harry Lewis ; [email-masked] 
  Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2002 7:49 PM
  Subject: RE: PWG-ANNOUNCE> PWG 2003 Schedule

  Do you guys REALLY want to go to Utah in December? OK if you like skiing in the dark maybe, but otherwise?

  As I have pointed out in earlier correspondance, the first half of December is the absolutely ideal time for coming to Southern Nevada as it is low season, but still nice and warm compared to most other parts of the country.  You can get dirt cheap hotel and meeting room prices, food is typically inexpensive and there are direct, often cheap, flights to the McCarran airport from almost anywhere in the US.

  Carl-Uno
  Carl-Uno Manros

    -----Original Message-----
    From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Harry Lewis
    Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2002 4:29 PM
    To: [email-masked]
    Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> PWG 2003 Schedule

    We thought we'd nailed the 2003 schedule several times but there are some tweaks. 

    1. We originally had our December meeting on the week of 12/8/2003 but, in the latest minutes it moved to 12/01. Not sure if this is a typo. Nonetheless, there are only 3 days between Thanksgiving and 12/01/2003 so I recommend we move it back to the original 12/8. 

    2. We flagged in Santa Fe that our 2003 April date (4/21) is too close to Easter (4/20). So we need to move this date. My first suggestion is April 28 (same location - D.C.). 

    3. There is an effort to coordinate, if possible, with the PODi schedule. I doubt we could match entirely but it would be nice to try and align at least once in the year. March 2 is the most likely target. 

    As a reminder, (including changes 1 and 2, above) our 2003 plan would look like this. 

    Jan 20 - Maui 
     April 28 - D.C. 
     July 14 - Vancouver B.C. 
     Oct 6 - N.Y.C.

---

From: "Harry Lewis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 22:35:37 -0600

Reason for Utah in December is gracious host offer from Novell. Nothing to 
do with skiing. Actually, we passed up an offer from Novell to host in 
August because we were already set in concrete for Santa Fe. I don't like 
passing up such offers because they usually benefit all parties. 

PODi has a meeting in Vegas in March. That would be a fairly large morph 
to our schedule but a possibility. 

I don't know if the Novell offer is specifically tied to December. I will 
check.
---------------------------------------------- 
Harry Lewis 
IBM Printing Systems 
---------------------------------------------- 

"Carl" <[email-masked]>
10/23/2002 05:49 PM
Please respond to carl
 
        To:     Harry Lewis/Boulder/IBM@IBMUS, <[email-masked]>
        cc: 
        Subject:        RE: PWG-ANNOUNCE> PWG 2003 Schedule

Do you guys REALLY want to go to Utah in December? OK if you like skiing 
in the dark maybe, but otherwise?
 
As I have pointed out in earlier correspondance, the first half of 
December is the absolutely ideal time for coming to Southern Nevada as it 
is low season, but still nice and warm compared to most other parts of the 
country.  You can get dirt cheap hotel and meeting room prices, food is 
typically inexpensive and there are direct, often cheap, flights to the 
McCarran airport from almost anywhere in the US.
 
Carl-Uno
Carl-Uno Manros
 
-----Original Message-----

Jan 20 - Maui 
 April 28 - D.C. 
 July 14 - Vancouver B.C. 
 Oct 6 - N.Y.C.