Subject: PMP> Structure or Printer and Finisher MIBs (5 modules)

From: "McDonald, Ira" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 16:17:00 -0700

Hi folks,

Gail Songer just asked a good question offline that I'd like to 
answer here on the mailing list.

With the forthcoming adoption of the Printer MIB v2 and Finisher MIB
(both of which finished their IETF four-week 'last call' yesterday),
the compilable MIB modules for printing and their dependencies are:

Printer-MIB (old Type 1 textual conventions and all MIB objects)
	IMPORTS
		IANA-Printer-MIB (old Type 2 and Type 3 TCs, now to
		    be maintained by IANA)
            IANA-Charset-MIB (old 'CodedCharSet' TC, now to be
		    maintained by IANA with IANA Charset Registry)

Finisher-MIB (old Type 1 TCs and all MIB objects)
	IMPORTS
		Printer-MIB (because Finisher-MIB augments the
		    Printer-MIB and adds new objects)
		IANA-Printer-MIB (for some TCs)
		IANA-Finisher-MIB (old Type 2 and Type 3 TCs, now to
		    be maintained by IANA)

I wrote the initial version of the IANA-Charset-MIB and donated
the C language utility for machine-generation of future versions
of the IANA-Charset-MIB, based on additions to the (plaintext)
IANA Charset Registry file.

Cheers,
- Ira McDonald, co-editor of Printer MIB v2 and Finisher MIB