Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> RE: WBMM> summary of the minutes

From: "Wagner,William" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 15:38:31 -0400

WBMM will meet  Monday morning, with the actual discussion starting a 9AM and probably proceeding through 12:30. Depending upon CR requirements, we may be able to take some time in the early afternoon also.
 
The agenda is :
 
    a. soliciting comments on the charter draft, which has been submitted for last call
    b. discuss the use cases that have been developed,
    c. bring the attendees up on what has transpired over the past few months
    d. proceed with discussion of operations
 
As indicated below, Kelli has provided a good summary of the phone conference discussions for those who have not been able to join in. I would note that virtually nothing to do with operations has been fully agreed to yet. Indeed, I personally still have strong reservations about lumping WBMM reports in with general notification.
 
I did have some trouble with the using the link directly... but backing off to ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wbmm/white/ <ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wbmm/white/Summar_of_Minutes.pdf>  and then selecting Summary_of_Minutes.pdf appears to work.
 
We look  forward to  getting more comments.

-----Original Message-----
From: KENNEDY,KELLI (HP-Boise,ex1) [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2003 7:30 PM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: WBMM> summary of the minutes

Greetings,

As I was preparing for the conference next week by reading over all of the minutes, I realized that it was difficult to discern what decisions we have made thus far.  To facilitate this, I just went through each Minutes document and tried to organize the content into categories like 

-scope

-events

-authentication

-model

-protocol

-etc

I just posted it to the ftp site in case others may find it useful to see where we are to date and how the debate has progressed.

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wbmm/white/Summary_of_Minutes.pdf <ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wbmm/white/Summar_of_Minutes.pdf> 

Kelli

---

From: "McDonald, Ira" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 10:38:08 -0700

Hi Bill,

I agree with you that periodic reports should _not_ be lumped with 
alerts/events.

However, Tom Hastings and I have talked about this a bit and we suggest
that the existing IPP/Semantic Model Subscription object (for subscribing 
to one or more Notifications destined for ONE target per subscription) 
could easily be extended with a few new attributes, for example:

notify-reports (1setOf (keyword | name))
- list of standardized (keyword) or vendor/site-specific (name) 
  periodic reports requested

notify-reports-periods (1setOf (keyword | name))
- list of standardized (keyword) or vendor/site-specific (name)
  notification periods (e.g., "daily", "weekly", etc.) for reports

notify-reports-date-time (dateTime)
- exact time of the SINGLE desired report(s) notification for this
  subscription

Then a new separate schema could be used for interoperably defining
the CONTENT (attributes and objects) in a given named "report",
which would nicely support vendor-specific extensions.

Cheers,
- Ira McDonald
  High North Inc

-----Original Message-----
From: Wagner,William [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2003 3:39 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> RE: WBMM> summary of the minutes

WBMM will meet  Monday morning, with the actual discussion starting a 9AM
and probably proceeding through 12:30. Depending upon CR requirements, we
may be able to take some time in the early afternoon also.

The agenda is :

    a. soliciting comments on the charter draft, which has been submitted
for last call
    b. discuss the use cases that have been developed,
    c. bring the attendees up on what has transpired over the past few
months
    d. proceed with discussion of operations

As indicated below, Kelli has provided a good summary of the phone
conference discussions for those who have not been able to join in. I would
note that virtually nothing to do with operations has been fully agreed to
yet. Indeed, I personally still have strong reservations about lumping WBMM
reports in with general notification.

I did have some trouble with the using the link directly... but backing off
to ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wbmm/white/ and then selecting
Summary_of_Minutes.pdf appears to work.

-----Original Message-----
From: KENNEDY,KELLI (HP-Boise,ex1) [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2003 7:30 PM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: WBMM> summary of the minutes

Greetings,

As I was preparing for the conference next week by reading over all of the
minutes, I realized that it was difficult to discern what decisions we have
made thus far.  To facilitate this, I just went through each Minutes
document and tried to organize the content into categories like 

-scope
-events
-authentication
-model
-protocol
-etc

I just posted it to the ftp site in case others may find it useful to see
where we are to date and how the debate has progressed.

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wbmm/white/Summary_of_Minutes.pdf

Kelli