Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> FW: Requesting IESG last call for draft-fielding-uri-rfc2396bis-0 6.txt

From: "McDonald, Ira" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 08:43:59 -0700

Hi folks,

The revision of RFC 2396 (Generic URI Syntax) has been
sent to the IESG for 'last call'.

Cheers,
- Ira

Ira McDonald (Musician / Software Architect)
Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839
phone: +1-906-494-2434
email: [email-masked]

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Roy
T.Fielding
Sent: Sunday, August 01, 2004 1:29 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; Tim Berners-Lee
Subject: Requesting IESG last call for
draft-fielding-uri-rfc2396bis-06.txt

On behalf of the authors of

    "Uniform Resource Identifier (URI): Generic Syntax"

I hereby request that an IESG last call be issued for
"draft-fielding-uri-rfc2396bis-06.txt", to be published as an
Internet Standard, obsoleting RFCs 2396, 1808, and 2732, and
updating RFC 1738.

Although not associated with a current working group, the draft has
been developed under the usual procedures of an IETF working group
on the public mailing list of the former URI working group.  A list
of issues that have been addressed by this draft can be found at

    http://gbiv.com/protocols/uri/rev-2002/issues.html

The mailing list archive is available at

    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/uri/

with work on this revision beginning in July 2002.  The draft has
been edited in XML using the xml2rfc toolset.  The XML version of the
document can be found at

    http://gbiv.com/protocols/uri/rev-2002/rfc2396bis.xml

Larry Masinter and I will be in attendance at the San Diego IETF
this coming week and will be happy to answer any questions about
the draft.  A BOF (urirev04) has been scheduled for Friday morning.

Cheers,

Roy T. Fielding                            <http://roy.gbiv.com/>
Chief Scientist, Day Software              <http://www.day.com/>