Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> FW: Summary, IETF URI BOF, 8/6/2004

From: "McDonald, Ira" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 08:16:19 -0700

Hi,

Brief summary of URI BOF at IETF 60th Plenary last week.
Full detailed minutes were just forwarded to [email-masked]'.

Cheers,
- Ira

Ira McDonald (Musician / Software Architect)
Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839
phone: +1-906-494-2434
email: [email-masked]

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Larry
Masinter
Sent: Sunday, August 08, 2004 11:07 PM
To: Ted Hardie; 'Scott Hollenbeck'
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Summary, URIREV04 BOF, 8/6/2004 9-11:30am

Summary, URIREV04 BOF, 8/6/2004 9-11:30 AM

We made good progress on several outstanding URI-related issues.
See minutes for details.

* draft-fielding-uri-rfc2396bis
  This is ready for IETF last call (for Standard). There was some
  discussion about section 6.3 (Canonicalization); comments on
  this section will be handled as Last Call comments.

* draft-duerst-iri
  This is also ready for IETF last call (for Proposed). We discussed an
  Informational document to give more guidelines use of URIs and IRIs.

* draft-hoffman-rfc1738bis
  This draft describes the URI schemes from RFC 1738.  After some
  discussion, we encouraged Paul Hoffman to split this into 7
  separate drafts, one for each scheme, to progress them independently.

* Revising RFC 2717 and 2718
  Tony Hansen and Ted Hardie will create a new document which
  replaces these, but with the idea that non-standards-track
  scheme registration will be much easier, with the main purpose
  to avoid duplicates.