Subject: PMP> RE: PWG-ANNOUNCE> [MIB stored in binary] Last Call for the Port M onitor MIB

From: "McDonald, Ira" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 06:27:32 -0800

Hi,

I just discovered the hard way that this '.mib' file was
stored in Binary mode.  

So if you fetch this '.mib' file to a Win32 machine in Text
(ASCII) mode, the line breaks will be messed up.

Change to Binary mode before fetching it by FTP (your Web
browser won't know any better, so you may have to resort
to a command-line FTP tool).

If you're _not_ on a Win32 machine, those MS-DOS style line
breaks may give you grief.  There are various UNIX and Mac
text filters to fix them up.

Cheers,
- Ira

PS - We'll get this right when posting the '.mib' again after
Last Call completes.

Ira McDonald (Musician / Software Architect)
Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839
phone: +1-906-494-2434
email: [email-masked] 
-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On
Behalf Of Bergman, Ron
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2005 8:59 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> Last Call for the Port Monitor MIB

The last call period for the Port Monitor MIB is now open and will close 
on April 25th.  Please send any comments to the [email-masked] list. 
Do not respond directly to the PWG-ANNOUNCE list. 
The latest documents can be found at: 
        ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/pmp/wd/wd-pmpportmib10-20050321.pdf  (.doc
.mib) 
        Ron Bergman 
        Print MIB WG Chairman 
        Ricoh Printing Systems America