Subject: [PMP] new MIB enums

From: "William Wagner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 15:37:43 -0400

In addition to the new Finisher MIB FinBindingTypeTC suggested by Harry some
time ago, there recently was the observation the XPS might reasonably be
included as a  entry in PrtInterpreterLangFamilyTC  of  the Printer MIB.
Microsoft has been queried as to whether it is interested in adding this. 

We should spend a little time on this at the next WIMS call (10 August, 11AM
EDT).

Thanks,

Bill Wagner

PS: Harry, I agree with plasticMultiRing

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Harry
Lewis
Sent: Wednesday, July 08, 2009 2:21 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [PMP] Request for new Fin MIB enum

MIB fans - I would like to add a new textual convention to FinBindingTypeTC
as follows. If no objection by July 30 I'd like to proceed with IANA
registration. Also, if anyone needs further information or a diagram I can
provide. This is for a plastic binder that looks like this. My only question
is should we have "plastic" in the enum name or not. My first thought was to
leave it off but then, after looking at JDF and other Fin TC's it seems the
use of "metal" and "plastic" as a prefix is common. 

Plastic Multi-Ring Binding: A method of binding in which a series of small
holes is placed along the bind edge of the sheets. The sheets are then held
together by inserting a 'locking' ring through each hole. The set of rings
are all attached to a common spine. 

FinBindingTypeTC ::= TEXTUAL-CONVENTION 
    STATUS       current 
    DESCRIPTION 
      "The defined binding type enumerations." 
    SYNTAX       INTEGER { 
         other(1),          -- More information in other attributes 
         unknown(2), 
         tape(4), 
         plastic(5), 
         velo(6), 
         perfect(7), 
         spiral(8), 
         adhesive(9), 
         comb(10), 
         padding(11), 
         plasticMultiRing(12) 
        } 

Regards, 
Harry

Harry Lewis
Program Manager - Intellectual Property & Open Standards
Phone: 720-663-3456
e-mail: [email-masked]
 <http://www.infoprint.com/> infoprint.com

P Think before you print 
____________________________________________________________________________
_
"This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient and
may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the
intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of the
information included in this message and any attachments is prohibited. If
you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply
e-mail and immediately and permanently delete this message and any
attachments. Thank you."
____________________________________________________________________________
_

-- 
This message has been scanned for viruses and 
dangerous content by  <http://www.mailscanner.info/> MailScanner, and is 
believed to be clean. 

-- 
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.

_______________________________________________
pmp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/pmp