Subject: [proto-team] PROTO template differences

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 19:45:24 +0300

Hi,

I just realized that the PROTO writeup templates in draft-ietf-proto- 
wgchair-doc-shepherding-09 and the one at http://www.ietf.org/IESG/ 
content/Doc-Writeup.html are different, in that the web page one adds  
a question to the announcement write-up:

   Personnel
     Who is the Document Shepherd for this document?  Who is the
     Responsible Area Director? Is an IANA expert needed?
                                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I don't know where that change originated from, but an answer to that  
question IMO doesn't make sense to have in the document announcement.  
Plus, question 1.i already requests information about IANA experts.

Can we undo that addition, please?

Lars

_______________________________________________
proto-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/proto-team

---

From: "Mankin, Allison J" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 15:02:14 -0400

Lars,

In the revision of RFC 2434bis, there's a thought of announcing the
appointment of any IANA
Expert in the Document Announcement.  That question does not capture the
point, but I think this may be why it is there.

Allison

-----Original Message-----
From: Lars Eggert [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2007 12:45 PM
To: IESG IESG
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [proto-team] PROTO template differences

Hi,

I just realized that the PROTO writeup templates in draft-ietf-proto-
wgchair-doc-shepherding-09 and the one at http://www.ietf.org/IESG/
content/Doc-Writeup.html are different, in that the web page one adds a
question to the announcement write-up:

   Personnel

Lars

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 09:44:54 +0300

> point, but I think this may be why it is there.

Ah. That wasn't clear to me from the text. Maybe replace it with "If  
the document requires IANA experts, insert 'The IANA Expert(s) for  
the registries in this document are <TO BE ADDED BY THE AD>.'" Or  
something like that.

Lars