Subject: [ietf-provreg] A reminder...

From: Edward Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 12:50:55 -0400

A reminder, half way through the period:

>Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 15:30:29 +0200
>To: [email-masked]
>From: Edward Lewis <[email-masked]>
>Subject: WG last call for Guidelines for Extending ...EPP
>Cc: Edward Lewis <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
>
>Let this message start a WG last call for comments on the 
>"Guidelines for Extending EPP" document.  The URL for the current 
>document is:
>
>    http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-provreg-epp-ext-02.txt
>
>This document is intended to be forwarded to the IESG as an Informational RFC.
>
>The last call will end on May 27 [1], with the desire to forward the 
>document onward by May 30.  So far we haven't seen much discussion 
>on this document, so I don't anticipate that there will be a high 
>volume of comments.
>
>So - why advance this document and not drop it?
>
>This document was prompted by a number of efforts to extend EPP 
>outside of the WG purview.  In many cases, these folks made contact 
>with Scott for tips and hints when it was apparent that the 
>extension was going awry.  This document was asked for by the WG to 
>give others a general path toward extending EPP and to also free up 
>Scott to pursue other things - like his normally assigned work. ;)
>
>So, although this document isn't about interoperability per se, it 
>is important to the group to capture this knowledge before declaring 
>that we have defined a proposed standard version of EPP.
>
>[1] If you want to choose a specific minute - May 28, 1200 UTC.  But 
>remember, it's never too late to comment...
-- 
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Edward Lewis                                            +1-703-227-9854
ARIN Research Engineer

Your office is *not* a reality-based sit-com TV show.