Subject: RE: [ietf-provreg] okay, now for the next item(s)

From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 11:57:40 -0400

> Three is the remaining WG draft:
>     
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-provreg-epp-ext-01.txt
> 
> In the next few days-weeks I anticipate a last call on this document, 
> probably at least overlapping with the RIPE meeting next week.  (Jaap 
> and I will be there, we can collect comments in person.)  When we 
> pass this up, it will go as Informational.

Ed, there's one thing that I'd like to add to the draft: a flow chart or
some other form of decision tree to help the reader determine the right
place to define an extension.  I was involved in a conversation with some
people last week that made it clear to me that additional guidance is needed
in this area.

Would it be OK to get this in before a WG last call, or would you prefer to
deal with this as a last-call comment?

-Scott-

---

From: Edward Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 08:40:23 +0200

A WG last call is an informal event - it's not defined in 2026 (the 
IETF process document).  A last call in a WG is a more substantial 
nudge to get folks to read the document...

...that being said, can you add this to the document real soon now? 
Jaap and I are at the RIPE meeting and talked about the document.  We 
plan to issue a last call now so we can maybe get some folks to give 
us input here.

Either way we'd like to start the unofficial semi-formal last call by 
tomorrow, preferably with the extra diagram & text. ;)

PS - There is a presentation in the RIPE DNR WG on the state of 
EPP/provreg.  I'll be reviewing the IESG response mail.

-- 
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Edward Lewis                                            +1-703-227-9854
ARIN Research Engineer

Your office is *not* a reality-based sit-com TV show.