Subject: [ietf-provreg] Open source EPP implementation, with EURid EPP extensions

From: Patrick Mevzek <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 15:37:52 +0200

Hello,

As a quick note related to recent threads, a new release of my open
source RRP/EPP/whatever client is available, with all EURid EPP
extensions. It makes it possible to connect simultanously to various
EPP registries, each with its given set of
restrictions/extensions/policies, and still maintain some
consistency.

I hope it can be a proof that, even if multiple EPP extensions exist
for the same thing, it is possible to hide all differences in a
library, and let registration software have an uniform API.
This shows that EPP is far from a failure as some try to depict it,
and registries currently unwilling to even consider it, will just
need to adapt themselves the hard way in a few years. This does not
mean that everyone must/should use EPP, just that if they are
problems, they can be discussed here, and solutions can be find to
enhance the protocol and make sure it accomodates all cases.

I hence put running code on the table, in hope it can be hopefull and
will not post here anymore about this software.

If interested :
http://www.dotandco.com/services/software/Net-DRI/index.en

-- 
Patrick Mevzek
Dot and Co <http://www.dotandco.com/>