Subject: Re: [provreg] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-brown-epp-fees-01.txt

From: Seth Goldman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2014 10:23:28 -0400

Hi Gavin,

One slight correction to the version on the github repository - it appears
that the schema has a typo. The "fee" element on general transform commands
should be a repeated field:
https://github.com/centralnic/epp-fee-extension/blob/master/draft-brown-epp-fees.txt#L1492
That is, this element should have 'maxOccurs="unbounded"' on it.

The text in the section above make it pretty clear this is the intention,
e.g.:
https://github.com/centralnic/epp-fee-extension/blob/master/draft-brown-epp-fees.txt#L1108
https://github.com/centralnic/epp-fee-extension/blob/master/draft-brown-epp-fees.txt#L1223
Also, all other occurences of a "feeType" element have this set on it.

Second, I would also like to suggest that the server MAY require that the
fee extension is always specified on transform commands. That is, it should
be a matter of server policy whether the fee extension is required to be
passed or not. The current wording suggests that the server will only
validate the fee if the extension is passed, but otherwise will behave as
it does today. This seems like it should be a matter of server policy.

Cheers,
Seth

On Thu, May 8, 2014 at 1:06 PM, Gavin Brown <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> Sorry, that URL is:
>
> https://github.com/centralnic/epp-fee-extension
>
> On 08/05/2014 18:04, Gavin Brown wrote:
> > The working draft at the URL below has been updated to use this syntax.
> > There have also been a number of additional changes - please check the
> > change history and the git changelog for further details.
>
> --
> Gavin Brown
> Chief Technology Officer
> CentralNic Group plc (LSE:CNIC)
> Innovative, Reliable and Flexible Registry Services
> for ccTLD, gTLD and private domain name registries
> https://www.centralnic.com/
>
> CentralNic Group plc is a company registered in England and Wales with
> company number 8576358. Registered Offices: 35-39 Moorgate, London,
> EC2R 6AR.
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> provreg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/provreg
>
>

---

From: Seth Goldman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 16:12:45 -0400

Another typo: Line 1270 and 1273 should say "fee:update" instead of
"fee:create":
https://github.com/centralnic/epp-fee-extension/blob/master/draft-brown-epp-fees.txt#L1270
https://github.com/centralnic/epp-fee-extension/blob/master/draft-brown-epp-fees.txt#L1273