Subject: Support For Axerra FW: I-D ACTION:draft-vainshtein-cesopsn-06.txt

From: "Richard Bell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 11:47:51 +0300

Dear Danny,

I run a large Data Network in Kenya. Our African markets are only just
beginning to liberalize.  We are confronted with a dilemma of whether to
build Broadband Ethernet or Legacy networks.   Obviously it makes sense to
use Broadband, but many of our customers want legacy services such as Frame
Relay and TDM.  We have adopted Axerra's technology to overcome the dilemma.
We have built a layer 2 Ethernet network, which is cheap and robust and then
use Axerra to run legacy services ontop.  We have been doing this for some
time in Nairobi and it has proved extremely effective.  We are now rolling
out the technology countrywide.  We strongly support Axerra's technology and
what they are planning with ietf for  CESoIP (under CESoPSN) and hope that
you will move into a working document phase with all haste.  Once the
standard is achieved and chip sets are available our costs will begin to
come tumbling down and the technology will then be affordable even in rural
areas of Africa.  This will have tremendous social and economic benefits on
rural communities.

Best Regards
Richard Bell
Managing Director
Swift Global Kenya Limited
&
Kenya Data Networks Limited

---

From: "Yaakov Stein" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 08:05:38 +0300

> beginning to liberalize.  We are confronted with a dilemma of 
> whether to build Broadband Ethernet or Legacy networks.   Obviously it 
> makes sense to use Broadband, but many of our customers want legacy services 
> such as Frame Relay and TDM.  We have adopted Axerra's technology to 
> overcome the dilemma.
> We have built a layer 2 Ethernet network, which is cheap and 
> robust and then use Axerra to run legacy services ontop.  We have been doing 
> this for some time in Nairobi and it has proved extremely effective.  We 
> are now rolling out the technology countrywide.  We strongly support Axerra's 
> technology and what they are planning with ietf for  CESoIP (under CESoPSN) 
> and hope that you will move into a working document phase with all haste.  Once the
> standard is achieved and chip sets are available our costs 
> will begin to come tumbling down and the technology will then be affordable 
> even in rural areas of Africa.  This will have tremendous social and 
> economic benefits on rural communities.
> 
> Best Regards
> Richard Bell
> Managing Director

Danny and PWE'ers,

I think this is getting out of hand.

I understand our friends in Axerra are interested in showing
that they have support, but is generating mail from one-timers
the way to show "rough consensus" ?

If everyone is realy impressed by forwarded emails
and people who show up once and don't answer questions
afterwards, I can get each of our several hundred TDMoIP
customers  to send an email or two.

Y(J)S

---

From: Danny McPherson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 21:45:02 -0600

> customers  to send an email or two.

I don't recall seeing any posts from frequenters of PWE3 suggesting they're
impressed".  I also don't think anyone has gauged WG rough consensus at this
point.  As you well know, this is an open mailing list and if folks have
something to post they're welcome to do so (minus the tens of obvious spam
messages manually nuked every day) -- it's up to the subscribers to filter
as they see fit.  If I'm asked to forward something to the list, I'll do so.

Personally, yes, I'm well aware of what you're referring to.  However, I
find the uptick no more pestering than the constant bickering (years now!)
on the list between certain parties with vested interests in a particular
solution -- you've just got to be capable of taking each message for what
it's worth.

That said, I'm still very interested in hearing from folks that support a
particular solution, for implementation OR deployment reasons.  Thanks!

-danny