Subject: draft-ietf-pwe3-arch-04.txt

From: Stewart Bryant <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 18:43:24 +0100

I just rev'd the arch draft to correct an omission in section
5.4.4.

In draft-ietf-pwe3-arch-04.txt we now define the reserved bits
in the MPLS Payload Type Indentifier to be zero.

There are no other changes.

The revised section is shown below

Stewart

------------------------------------------------------------------------

5.4.4. MPLS Payload Identifier

    If technical considerations result in a PW control word that may
    alias an IP packet, the control word SHOULD be preceeded by an MPLS
    payload type identifier.

    The MPLS payload type is defined as follows:

         0                   1                   2                   3
         0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
        +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
        |0 0 0 1|     reserved = 0      | PPP DLL Protocol Number       |
        +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
        |           As defined by PPP DLL protocol definition           |
        |                                                               |
        +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

        Figure 14: MPLS Payload Type Identifier

        PPP DLL Protocol Number [16:31]:
            These numbers are assigned by IANA.

    Bits 4 to 15 inclusive are reserved for future use and must be zero.