Subject: Last Call: draft-ietf-pwe3-arch-04.txt

From: Danny McPherson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 08:16:41 -0600

Folks,
Consider this a two week Last Call for the PWE3 Architecture document.  Last
Call ends on July 1, 2003.  Please note that issues recently discussed on
the WG mailing list have been incorporated into this version of the draft.

-danny

------ Forwarded Message
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 07:57:35 -0400
To: IETF-Announce: ;
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pwe3-arch-04.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Pseudo Wire Emulation Edge to Edge Working
Group of the IETF.

    Title        : PWE3 Architecture
    Author(s)    : S. Bryant, P. Pate
    Filename    : draft-ietf-pwe3-arch-04.txt
    Pages        : 46
    Date        : 2003-6-16
    
This document describes an architecture for Pseudo Wire Emulation
Edge-to-Edge (PWE3).  It discusses the emulation of services (such as
Frame Relay, ATM, Ethernet TDM and SONET/SDH) over packet switched
networks (PSNs) using IP or MPLS.  It presents the architectural
framework for pseudo wires (PWs), defines terminology, specifies the
various protocol elements and their functions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pwe3-arch-04.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
    "get draft-ietf-pwe3-arch-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
    [email-masked].
In the body type:
    "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pwe3-arch-04.txt".
    
NOTE:    The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
    MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
    feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
    command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
    a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
    exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
    "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
    up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
    how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

------ End of Forwarded Message

Q29udGVudC1UeXBlOiB0ZXh0L3BsYWluDUNvbnRlbnQtSUQ6CTwyMDAzLTYtMTcwNzU0NTYu
SS1EQGlldGYub3JnPg0NRU5DT0RJTkcgbWltZQ1GSUxFIC9pbnRlcm5ldC1kcmFmdHMvZHJh
ZnQtaWV0Zi1wd2UzLWFyY2gtMDQudHh0DQ0=

---

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 09:26:08 -0400

Danny,

Section 5.4.4 is premature at this time - see 
draft-aissaoui-extended-pid-00.txt, which was submitted yesterday and will 
be coming soon to an Internet Drafts server near you, for a discussion of 
the issues and a suggested replacement for that text.  To speed the 
architecture draft, it might be better to just remove that section and have 
a separate document on the topic.

Thanks,
Andy

---------

---

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 07:17:49 -0400

Danny,

Thanks,
Andy

---------

---

From: "Ron Cohen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 09:31:58 +0200

Danny,

Please update the L2TPv3 reference from version 05 to 07 as well as the
Month. It seems it went up two versions in a month.

Thanks
Ron

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On 
> Behalf Of Danny McPherson
> Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 4:17 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [PWE3] Last Call: draft-ietf-pwe3-arch-04.txt
> 
> 
> 
> Folks,
> Consider this a two week Last Call for the PWE3 Architecture 
> document.  Last Call ends on July 1, 2003.  Please note that 
> issues recently discussed on the WG mailing list have been 
> incorporated into this version of the draft.
> 
> -danny
> 
> 
> ------ Forwarded Message
> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line 
> Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the 
> Pseudo Wire Emulation Edge to Edge Working Group of the IETF.
> 
> This document describes an architecture for Pseudo Wire 
> Emulation Edge-to-Edge (PWE3).  It discusses the emulation of 
> services (such as Frame Relay, ATM, Ethernet TDM and 
> SONET/SDH) over packet switched networks (PSNs) using IP or 
> MPLS.  It presents the architectural framework for pseudo 
> wires (PWs), defines terminology, specifies the various 
> protocol elements and their functions.
> 

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the
message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
    "get draft-ietf-pwe3-arch-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html or
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Send a message to:
    [email-masked].
In the body type: