Subject: RE: last call on control and ethernet drafts

From: Danny McPherson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 17:41:15 -0700

Folks,
I don't care if you work for an equipment manufacturer, service
provider or at a fast food drive-thru, please state your positions
based technical merit (I assure you that's all they'll be weighted
on).  Where someone has (or currently!) works is completely
irrelevant!

At this point the closest thing to consensus I've seen (yes, after
re-reviewing ALL of the April and September discussions on this
topic [again]) is that a separate draft seems to be the preferred
option.

Even that option has pitfalls, most of which have been expressed
here (in this or the previous two threads on this subject), though
it's still seems to be the most widely supported.

Please continue discussing the issue and either Stewart or I will
summarize what we believe to be consensus by the end of LC  on the
concerned WG documents.

-danny