Subject: Liaison from MPLS and Frame Relay Alliance to PWE3 WG

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 07:45:15 -0500

Stewart and Danny,

In order to maintain the technical progress in the MPLS and FR Alliance, it 
would be greatly appreciated if the IETF could expedite the IANA 
assignments for FEC 128, FEC 129, and the PW Status TLV codepoints in 
draft-ietf-pwe3-control-protocol-05.txt and 
draft-ietf-pwe3-iana-allocation-02.txt.

The MPLS and FR Alliance is working with ITU-T Study Group 17 on 
Recommendation X.84 for FR over MPLS, which is aligned with 
draft-ietf-pwe3-frame-relay-01.txt. To complete the status signaling and 
approve the Recommendation, these codepoints require IANA assignment.

These codepoints are also required for the MPLS and FR Alliance to complete 
the FR over MPLS Interworking Implementation Agreement.

Please advise us at your earliest convenience on the status of these 
codepoint assignments.

Thanks,
Andy Malis
Chairman and President, MPLS & FR Alliance