Subject: UDP PWs (was ITU-T Q5/13 Liason re PW over UDP)

From: "Yaakov Stein" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 15:28:29 +0300

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-stein-pwe3-udp-00.txt

	Title		: UDP based PWs
	Author(s)	: Y(J) Stein
	Filename	: draft-stein-pwe3-udp-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: July 11, 2004

Abstract
   The PWE3 charter permits three PSN types, namely "IP (both versions),
   L2TP, or MPLS".  The majority of drafts submitted to the working
   group have focused on MPLS PSNs, and lesser attention has been given
   to L2TPv3.  Only the TDMoIP drafts have explicitly specified UDP/IP
   as PSN, and only they stipulate the use of UDP port numbers as PW
   labels.  This draft discusses PWs based on UDP/IP, concentrating on
   three issues, namely 1) the advisability of using UDP port numbers as
   PW labels, 2) which UDP port number to use, and 3) what label
   distribution protocol should be employed.