Subject: Parameter ID in PW Grouping TLV

From: Nick Weeds <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 14:48:57 +0100

Luca,

I see that the new PW Grouping TLV contains both an LDP TLV header and a
parameter ID+length header.  The LDP TLV header alone is sufficient to
identify the TLV contents, so it's unclear why the parameter ID+length
header is also present.

Is this a deliberate choice, perhaps for historical reasons or for
similarity with the Interface Parameters TLV?

Or could this perhaps be an artefact left from merging previous suggestions,
better addressed by removing the parameter ID and parameter length from the
PW Grouping TLV?

If the parameter ID is kept, is the intention that the PW Grouping TLV could
be extended to contain other parameters in future?  Also, has a parameter ID
value been assigned?

Thanks,

	Nick.

> Nick Weeds
> Software Developer
> Network Protocols Group
> Data Connection Ltd
> Tel:	+44 1244 305200
> Fax:	+44 1244 312422
> Email:	[email-masked]
> Web:	http://www.dataconnection.com

---

From: Luca Martini <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 14:35:37 -0600

Nick,

It looks like the picture is a victim of cut and paste.
The picture is wrong , I will correct it to look like this:

    0                   1                   2                   3
    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |0|0|PW Grouping ID TLV (0x096C)|            Length             |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |                        Value                                  |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Thanks !
Luca

Nick Weeds wrote:

>_______________________________________________
>pwe3 mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3
>
>  
>