Subject: [Fwd: Checking of boilerplate for Internet-Drafts (fwd)]

From: Stewart Bryant <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 15:35:22 +0100

Enforcement of the new draft boilerplate starts today.

Harald says that the following is the definitive example to follow

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipr-subm-rights-fix-00.txt

- Stewart

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Checking of boilerplate for Internet-Drafts (fwd)
Date: 	Tue, 28 Sep 2004 14:23:13 +0200
From: 	Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
To: 	[email-masked]

Just a reminder.... this change in procedure is in effect as of today.

                     Harald

---------- Forwarded Message ----------
Date: 20. september 2004 11:10 -0400
From: Harald Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
To: IETF Announcement list <[email-masked]>
Subject: Checking of boilerplate for Internet-Drafts

Hello,

A bit before the August IETF, we announced that it was time to use the new
boilerplate from RFC 3667 in internet-drafts, and instructed the
secretariat to  heck that boilerplate.
Due to some confusion, and the impending meeting, we asked them to stop
checking after a while.

But we have to move on.... it is now almost a year since RFC 3667 was
published, and the legal issues that the document was set to address ARE
important to the continued operation of the IETF.

I have therefore instructed the secretariat to check some items of the
boilerplate again, starting from September 28, 2004.

On the particular issue of the boilerplate that got changed between RFC
3667  and the "fixed" draft-ietf-ipr-subm-rights-fix, I have asked them to
check that   statement is present, and that it contains words that indicate
that it was  intended to be a conformant boilerplate - we will make those
instructions  tighter once draft-ietf-ipr-subm-rights-fix is published, but
not now.

Instructions for making conformant drafts can be found at the usual URL:
http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-guidelines.txt

Pay particular attention to the section "Notices required in
internet-drafts".

(Note: Any recent version of xml2rfc should be compatible with these rules,
provided you use the "rfc ipr=full3667" directive)

If the secretariat finds a violation of the rules, the secretariat is to
return the wording of the violated rule to the submitter; this should
eliminate  ambiguity about WHAT is wrong with a submission.

With the hope of being able to go forward without worrying,

                           Harald

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce

---------- End Forwarded Message ----------