Subject: draft-ietf-pwe3-control-protocol-08.txt error

From: Benny Ammitzbøll <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 12:22:46 +0200

In draft-ietf-pwe3-control-protocol-08.txt, the PW Grouping TLV is described
as:

<clip>
5.2.2.2. PW Grouping TLV

    0                   1                   2                   3
    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |0|0|PW Grouping ID TLV (0x096C)|            Length             |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |  Parameter ID |    Length     |    Variable Length Value      |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |                         Variable Length Value                 |
   |                             "                                 |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

   [ note: TLV type 0x096C as defined in [13] pending IANA allocation ]

   The PW Grouping ID is an arbitrary 32 bit value which represents an
   arbitrary group of PWs.  It is used create groups PWs; for example, a
   PW Grouping ID can be used as a port index, and assigned to all PWs
   that lead to that port.  Use of the PW Grouping ID enables one to
   send "wild card" label withdrawals, or "wild card" status
   notification messages to remote PEs upon physical port failure.
<clip>

Surely the figure is not correct since the text speaks of a 32-bit value and
not a parameter ID and a variable length value. The figure looks a lot like
the one above in draft-ietf-pwe3-control-protocol-08.txt for Interface TLV,
so it's probably a cut&paste thing..

Regards,

Benny Lønstrup Ammitzbøll, M.Sc.E.E.
T|Pack A/S
Lautrupbjerg 7-11
DK-2750 Ballerup, Denmark
Phone: (+45) 44732100
Direct: (+45) 44732140
mailto:[email-masked] - www.tpack.net

_______________________________________________
pwe3 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3

---

From: Luca Martini <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 08:52:34 -0600

Yes this has already been fixed , I will send out a new version as soon 
as I have finished processing the lats call comments.

Luca

Benny Ammitzbøll wrote:

>Benny Lxnstrup Ammitzbxll, M.Sc.E.E.
>T|Pack A/S
>Lautrupbjerg 7-11