Subject: Requested VLAN ID text correction.

From: Luca Martini <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 17:58:34 -0600

WG,

After re-reading the last version of the pwe3 control draft , I found 
that we have a logic issue in the following text:

     - Requested VLAN ID.

       An Optional 16 bit value indicating the requested VLAN ID. This
       parameter MAY be used by an PE that is incapable of rewriting the
       802.1Q ethernet VLAN tag on output. If the ingress PE receives
       this request it MAY rewrite the VLAN ID tag in input to match the
       requested VLAN ID. If this is not possible, and the VLAN ID does
       not already match configured ingress VLAN ID the PW should not be
       enabled.This parameter is applicable only to PW type 4.

Unless somebody objects I will correct the text as follows:

     - Requested VLAN ID.

       An Optional 16 bit value indicating the requested VLAN ID. This
       parameter MUST be used by a PE that is incapable of rewriting the
       802.1Q ethernet VLAN tag on output. If the ingress PE receives
       this request it MUST rewrite the VLAN ID tag in input to match
       the requested VLAN ID. If this is not possible, and the VLAN ID
       does not already match configured ingress VLAN ID the PW should
       not be enabled. This parameter is applicable only to PW type 4.

Luca