Subject: [PWE3] Protocol Action: 'SONET/SDH Circuit Emulation over Packet (CEP)' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 17:42:29 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'SONET/SDH Circuit Emulation over Packet (CEP) '
   <draft-ietf-pwe3-sonet-14.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Pseudowire Emulation Edge to Edge 
Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Mark Townsley and Jari Arkko.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pwe3-sonet-14.txt

Technical Summary

This document provides encapsulation formats and semantics for
emulating SONET/SDH circuits and services over packet-switched
networks, and MPLS networks in particular.

Working Group Summary

This draft has been extensively reviewed by the PWE3 WG and there
is consensus for it. It was recently revised with modifications
to the control word to bring it into line with the other PWE3
specifications.

Protocol Quality

This document was reviewed by Mark Townsley.

Note to RFC Editor
 
OLD

"are not a substitute for PW layer security."

NEW

"are not a substitute for securing the PW and underlying MPLS network
itself."

_______________________________________________
pwe3 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3