Subject: [PWE3] A case in VPLS using MS-PW

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 10:31:07 +0800

Hi, all

We meet a question when implementing VPLS using MS-PW, pls see the 
following figure.

CE1---T-PE1----------S-PE----------T-PE2---CE2
                      |
                     CE3

Configure a static multi-segment Pseudo Wire between T-PE1 and T-PE2, 
consisted by S-PW1 and S-PW2. If S-PE is also a T-PE and need to setup a 
PW between S-PE and T-PE2, named PW3. CE1, CE2 and CE3 are in the same 
VPLS.

Then what's the relationship between S-PW2 and PW3 ?

There are two cases:
1. S-PW2 and PW3 are independent PWs, then the path from CE1 to CE3 is 
T-PE1->S-PE->T-PE2->S-PE. It is not the best path. And if PWs belonging to 
the same VPLS need same PWID. Then to identify them individually, PW need 
to implement certain extension, for PW identification cannot be based-upon 
Source+Destination+Pwid mechnism.
2. S-PW2 and PW3 are the same PW, then Multi-segment PW is not needed, hub 
& spoke PWs are setup between T-PE1, S-PE and T-PE2. This case can solve 
this problem.

Which cases do you guys prefer?

..............................................
Add:   No.68 Zijinghua Rd,Yuhuatai District, 
       Nanjing. P.R.China. 
Zip:   210012 
Tel:   0086-25-52871645 
Mail:  [email-masked] 
.............................................. 

--------------------------------------------------------
ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.
_______________________________________________
pwe3 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3

---

From: "Dutta, Pranjal \(Pranjal\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 12:54:55 +0530

Hi,

              Please refer inline

________________________________

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, 04 January, 2007 8:01 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [PWE3] A case in VPLS using MS-PW

Hi, all 

There are two cases: 
1. S-PW2 and PW3 are independent PWs, then the path from CE1 to CE3 is
T-PE1->S-PE->T-PE2->S-PE. It is not the best path. And if PWs belonging
to the same VPLS need same PWID. Then to identify them individually, PW
need to implement certain extension, for PW identification cannot be
based-upon Source+Destination+Pwid mechnism. 

You would use generalized PWID for MS-PW signaling. So apart from PWID
the SAII, TAII would differentiate the Pseudo wires. Please refer to
draft

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pwe3-dynamic-ms-pw-02.txt
for details.

2. S-PW2 and PW3 are the same PW, then Multi-segment PW is not needed,
hub & spoke PWs are setup between T-PE1, S-PE and T-PE2. This case can
solve this problem. 

Hope this helps,

Pranjal

--------------------------------------------------------
ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail
is solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication
is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain
secrecy and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this
communication to others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are
addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the
originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those
of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam
system.
_______________________________________________
pwe3 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3