Subject: [PWE3] draft-ietf-pwe3-fc-encap review

From: Stewart Bryant <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 09:13:37 +0100

The story so far from the review:

======

Sorry for the delay.  The document caused me to tee up a question for
the transport directorate.  David Black and I have had a little
conversation and he thinks the document is busted in the specified
interaction of TFRC and CIR.  As specified, I am a little concerned with
the scheme.  But, as David sketched it I am less so.

Essentially the draft says...

   X = TFRC rate
   Rate = CIR + X

David's take is that it ought to be:

   X = TFRC rate
   Rate = max (X, CIR)

This second would certainly be more in line with the way CC has
traditionally worked (even though it is a bit of a departure).  The
first formulation above actually might be OK... but, I think it would
need vetted more broadly than in the PWE3 WG before I was comfortable
with it.

========

I am told that the rest of the review should be complete in a few days.

- Stewart

_______________________________________________
pwe3 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3